Chapter 10

Sofia POV

I sat down on one of the chairs at the small café that I'm currently in.

There weren't many people here.

There was me, a young couple in a heated argument and a boy who was talking on the phone with a smile on his face as he was drinking his coffee. I sighed and sipped my own. I couldn't be more jealous of him right now.

I guess you could say i was feeling guilty. No, i was feeling extremely guilty.

I could've done something to prevent what happened to Selena. If i just cared enough at the time to try and find out what was wrong with her, I could've helped her get through it and not lead to this mess.

Selena must hate me right now.

I felt selfish even thinking about myself right now after i left Selena with our mom at the hospital like that. I just felt bad enough as it was, my mother giving me stares everytime i breathed her way wasn't helping. But now im here drinking coffee by myself like a sad person, pitying myself.

And i can't get it out of my head that Justin cared enough to come to the hospital himself.
                    <><><><>

After a good few hours of sitting in that small café stalling, I decided to go back home and sleep it off.

As soon as i did enter the house, i was shocked to see my mother and Selena arguing. She just came home and this woman doesn't give her a break.

"Then why didn't you just leave her then?! Im sure anyone would've treated her better than you ever would!" Selena shouted in her face.

"I wanted to! But your father wouldn't let me!" My mother shouted back.

Selena scoffed and shook her head.

"You are a disgusting human being. I never want to see you again." She turned around and walked away before giving me a strange look. I stared confused at her. Is she mad at me?

My mother's head snapped towards me before she sneered and stomped up stairs.

I frowned and went in the kitchen.

I'd say how strange but it's really not anymore.

I grabbed a glass and was about to fill it with apple juice (i honestly think orange juice is disgusting) when someone knocked on the door.

When i opened it, i was slightly socked as to who was standing there.

"H-hey." He said as he run a hand nervously through his perfect, fluffy hair.

I nearly died right there on the spot.

"Hi." I responded breathlessly.

Why am i breathless?

"Um, i heard about what happened and i was wondering if you maybe wanted to go out? We haven't been spending time with each other anymore and well, i miss my best friend." Alec said, flashing me one of his half smiles that always makes my knees wobble.

I tightened my grip on the door handle to make sure i wouldn't do anything embarrassing and gave him a smile back.

Should I scream about the fact that he just said he missed me, or curl up in a ball and cry because he just frend zoned me? Atleast im his 'best' friend.