45

Simply put the picture up there bc look at his hand y'all 🤤 beautiful

By the time Monday rolled around, i decided to sleep in and skip school for the day. I had enough people to avoid today to last me a lifetime.

Elena had left late last night after trying her best to come up with possible scenarios in which Beth hadn't actually done me dirty. 'Two sides to every story' she'd say, but i reminded her that there is no story, i walked in on them confessing without realising.

It was simple. Beth knew i liked him meanwhile she was going behind my back, getting with him. Beth knew i liked him and she let me hope all that time when she knew i was a lost cause.

Maybe it wasn't as serious as i made it out to be, but it hurt me. It was the first time my best friend had disappointed me in this way. I had always offered her complete transparency and only hoped for the same thing in return because that's what friends did.

Did she think i was pathetic, fawning over a man she knew she already had?

Maybe she pitied me and that's why she kept it a secret. Hell, i'd pity me. What loser is that obsessed over a guy that couldn't give a flying rats ass about you? (Its me guys, lol. Im that loser 😛)

Nevertheless.. she could have spared me the humiliation if she had cared about me. Clearly, she didn't.

I had always noticed Alec cared a whole lot about Beth. He was always protective over any guy she'd talk to. Even last time we hung out, when she left with her Tyler guy he had been so pissed and i didn't understand why. Maybe i was just stupid, to not piece it together sooner.

I could already imagine them having a laugh over me together right now and it made me groan and bury my head further in my pillow.

My sister tried checking up on me twice already only to find me in the same position. She just sighed at the sight of me the third time around.

"Mom and I are leaving," she announces "and your friend is at the door. You should get up."

I assumed its Elena again so i got up, still in my pyjamas from yesterday and hair up in a hideous bun when i opened the door.

To my surprise, it's the traitor herself standing there. When i go to shut the door back closed, the silver headed girl shoves her foot through the door to keep it open.

"Please hear me out Sofia," she pleads.

Beth doesn't look so good herself, glasses placed on her dark rimmed eyes. Her hair is in a straight ponytail unlike her usual curled down hairstyle. She looks like she's cried almost as much as i have.

"Why should i?" I reply to her, but I've already opened the door wider.

"Because we've been friends since forever," she's quick to answer "and a guy shouldn't come in between that."

At that, i feel an ache in my chest. This time, she was right, we had been friends since forever. I let her in simply to not waste all those years, leading us to the living room couch since i knew everyone else had already left.

"I want you to know," i started before she had a chance to say anything "i couldn't care less about Alec in this scenario Beth." She looks confused as i say that.

"Im hurt because you didn't tell me." I explain and her face drops. "Im upset because you hid behind my back and let me.. embarrass myself and hurt myself for so long when you could've just let me know from the start that you liked him and I would've understood-"

"No Sofia-" the girl chokes on a sob. "I don't like him, i really don't. It was a mistake and i didn't even mean for it to happen. I wouldn't do that to you-"