Chapter 27

Alec POV

I groaned in pain as sunlight illuminated every inch of my room and burned my retinas in the process. Or at least it felt like it.

"Wake up sleepyhead." A soft voice whispered.

"5 more minutes." I mumbled as i pulled the covers over my head.

"You're lucky i convinced your mom to let you stay at home today. You would have been in a grave by now." She mumbled as she placed something on the bedside table and pulled the covers off me.

"Sun. Bad. Why?" I groaned.

"Come on, wake up. It's already twelve in the morning." The voice, which i now recognize as Sofia, spoke.

I pouted and sat up straight.

Excruciating pain immediately traveled up to my head.

I winced and dropped my head into my hands.

I felt Sofia's soft hands gently shake me as she handed me two pills.

I immediately popped them into my mouth and took the glass of water from her hands, taking a huge gulp.

"Im sorry in advance for anything that I've said yesterday." I looked up at her and closed one eye, as the sun was shining perfectly on her angel like face.

"It's okay." She smiled. She was wearing my shirt that I remembered giving to her last night and it made my heart swell up with pride. Atleast she'll still wear my shirts.

She took a plate from the bedside table and handed it to me.

"Did you make these?" I asked, hesitantly taking the plate from her hands.

"Nope." She answered and i sighed in relief.

"Shut up, my cooking is awesome." She pouted.

I chuckled nervously.

"Justin made them actually.. He decided to stay with us since he didn't want to be the only one going to school." She explained.

My heart sunk as a large smile appeared on her face at the mention of Justin.

I covered it up with a look of horror.

"Justin? Thats even worse, the kid can't even make cereal." I joked.

"Oh shut up. You're just picky. Justin's food is amazing." She laughed and i hated it. Why is she so obsessed with everything Justin recently?

I sent a fake smile towards her and took a bite of my pancakes.

"Thank you." I said, my mouth full.

She slapped me across the head.

"Manners, idiot. You don't speak with your mouth full." She lectured as i rubbed my head.

My head still hurt from the hangover i was currently sporting. That didn't exactly help.

"Gosh you sound exactly like mom." I murmured.

She shrugged.

"I don't mind. Your mom's awesome."

<><><>