50

SORRY ABOUT THE LONG WAIT 😭

The next day didn't go any better for me. After Elena left, things got worse if anything. I had cried for hours until i eventually fell asleep.

In the morning i had calmed down, but it didn't mean i felt any better. The world's worst headache along with a burning hatred for myself followed me as i went to brush my teeth.

For so long things were going a little too well and now, Justin wouldn't even look at the dozen messages i had sent him. It was embarrassing if anything, I sounded so desperate trying to get him to atleast hear me out. But nothing. I was beginning to wonder if he even liked me in the first place.

"Are you going to school?" Selena asks from the doorway, watching me get ready for school.

I nod my head. Avoiding school wasn't going to do me any good. Especially during finals season. Maybe I'd convince a certain hazel eyed boy to listen to me, if i was lucky.

"Good," Selena smiles at me. "I was worried you would stay in bed all week."

I tie my hair into a low ponytail and grab my phone. "No point in moping, i'll fix everything." I tell her before i walk out of my room.

The day at school wasn't easy at all. If the pounding migraine from all that crying wasn't enough, i also had to deal with all the stress of mocks and exams.

It was in English class when i sat in my usual seat, next to Justin and waited for him to arrive. Unsurprisingly so, he took one look at me and sat in another seat, in front of me. It was safe to say it felt like a punch straight to my gut.

I bit my tongue as hard as i could to try not to cry. Was that all it took for him to completely cut me out?

It was frustrating more than anything because i knew in myself I really was there to reject his stupid brother. I chose him. Why wouldn't he believe me?

Nonetheless, i tried to not let it discourage me and finally mustered up the courage to go up to him and tap him on the shoulder at the end of class.

He sighed at the sight of me and my shoulders dropped. It had been so long since he reacted to my presence like that, i guess you could say I wasn't used to it anymore.

"Can we talk?" I question him quietly. When he doesn't even meet my eyes i speak again, "Please, Justin."

It sounds like im begging, but i don't care. I don't even want to look behind us to see what im sure is a swarm of girls gathering to see what happened to the amazing Justin Adams.

"Not today Sofia." He says as he adjusts his bag on his shoulder and side steps me, walking away.

I bite my tongue once again and nod my head at his retreating figure.

It feels like I royally screwed up, without even doing anything.

When the time comes to go home, im more than ready to throw myself in my bed and cry for the next following week, just like Selena expected. The girls tried getting me to talk all day but I wasn't great company, merely just playing with my food at break and looking down like some pathetic loser.

I couldn't force conversation even if i wanted to. The smallest thing would set me off crying, and I didn't want to start that again.

I didn't even get to date him properly and Alec already ruined everything. I hated him, even if he wasn't at fault right now.

"Why did i ever like him?" I groan into my pillow. 

I seriously need to stop pitying myself, i think as i stand up from my bed.