52

An: before we start i just want to say im soooo sorry guys about taking so long to post this. I recently started a v mentally draining job and my writers block just has not been getting better. Its still poor rn but this is as best as its gonna get. Thank you so much for your patience, and for still choosing to read this (if u still are ofc). Ill try to get my updates out regularly again, enjoy <3.

Several days later had passed, a whole weekend in fact and i hadn't seen Justin since. I wasn't necessarily expecting him to show up at my door straight after, but i wasn't expecting complete silence from him, either.

My foolish heart had assumed now that he wanted to help me, we must be friends again. Damn her. Now i was stuck with the pain of disappointment, and getting ready to work at 7 in the evening.

I wasn't sure if Justin would show up, considering it's a weekend shift i hadn't told him about. But then again, the eldest Adams brother always did seem know everything i happened to be doing without me saying anything. It was better he didn't, i told myself. It's embarrassing enough as it is.

The wind nipped at my skin as i, like an idiot, decided to forget my jacket tonight on the coldest night of December yet.

I hadn't even realised winter was already here, and now i was paying the price for it as i rushed to my car, blowing into my hands to keep them warm. I tried my hardest to ignore any thoughts that mentioned the eldest Adams brother but when i turned the radio on and Taylor Swift started playing, i had to immediately turn it off to keep my plan going.

After the coldest ride to work of my life, i grumply reached into the back to get my uniform and headed inside.

"Hey Sofia," greeted Anna, one of the nicest ladies in this entire place. She always let me go for breaks whenever it was hectic, and i couldn't appreciate her more. "Ready for a Saturday?" She groans.

I chuckle at her, nodding my head. "Ready as ever."

I take my pin straight hair back with my hands and tie it back as she looks over our orders, making sure theres nothing loose so people wouldn't complain.

Any wrong move today could make me snap, i felt it.

"We have a reservation tonight for two at table four if you want to take that darling, i'll take the group at table six. You look tired." Anna rubs my arm as she passes by me. I sigh in relief at her kindness. This woman was selfless enough as it was, she didn't need me mooching off of her but tonight, i was going to take her up on her offer.

"Thank you Anna, you're the best!" I exaggerated my words, making the woman laugh.

At the chime of the fromt door opening, my head snaps forward without me even meaning it to, hope blooming in my chest. My shoulders fall when i see another one of our regulars.

"Waiting for someone?" Anna says behind me.

I turn back to her with a shrug, deciding not to answer that question.

I guess i was waiting for someone. So much for not having expectations after all.

"Is it that guy from last time?" She chimes in Once again, looking away from me.

My eyes widen at her words, clearing my throat. "No, who do you mean?"

She smiles sheepily at my words, "you know." She says simply, giggling as she walks away. "Sofia has a boyfrienddd." She mouths to me, before turning away.

I ignore how pleased that thought made me feel and shake my head at her retreating figure.

I dont even know if Justin is my friend anymore, let alone my boyfriend. A girl can dream though.