Chapter 25

(Unedited since fkn 2017, this needs a lot of work be warned 🤚)

Sofia POV

Despite being late, i still showed up to school.

Last night when i came back home, i had talked to Beth about everything and drowned myself in self pity. And junk food, of course. I had basically begged to have acne last night. But it didn't matter, a girl deserves atleast that much when shes sad.

I was pretty stupid to actually get in that car in the first place.

It's not so much about being mad than it is about being disappointed.

In myself, not Alec of course. I shouldn't have expected anything from him.

I told myself I wasn't going to get my hopes up again, but of course, as always, i did.

Im also pretty embarrassed about the fact that I overreacted and ran out of the car. Maybe he had a point, maybe i was too sensitive. But he didn't need to call me a 'little bitch'.

I don't know what came over me. Old Sofia would've just sucked it up and stayed in that car. If Alec was happy, then she was happy also.

I guess i was just tired of being continually used for his own benefit.

He either liked me or he didn't.

And so what if he didn't? I'll just have to move on. It can't be that hard right,

Gosh, how i wish i actually believed that.

<><><>

I smiled politely at the secretary before taking the late slip from her hand.

I inwardly groaned and headed to class.

Geography. The most boring subject ever.

I knocked on the door before opening it. The whole class turned to look at me so i let my hair cover my face and handed the late slip to my teacher before i sat down in my normal seat.

"Why are you late?" Asked the guy next to me.

"Alarm didn't go off." I told him.

"Mhm." He hummed as he nodded his head.

"Sofia, right?"

"Yep. Isaac?" I asked.

"That's me. So, tell me, how come we have all our classes together except for one?" He whispered as he pretended to do his work.

"Don't know. Coincidence?"

"Mhmm don't think so. Must be fate no?" He smirked.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I told him.

He chuckled. "Feisty. I like it."

"Ms Black, Mr Wells, is there something you would like to share with the rest of the class?!" Ms Maguire shouted.

"Nah, we're good." Isaac answered.

Her face went red with rage before continuing on with her lesson.