Chapter 1

3 years ago

"Sofia, come on! We are going to be late!" My mother's very pleasant voice screamed from downstairs. I rolled my eyes at her aggravated voice. As if she cares if we'll actually be late.

"Alright!" I shouted back, scrambling around to put my hair up, removing strands from my sweaty back.

I was wearing a black 'The Killers' tank top, black ripped shorts and my usual converse. Typical 'im going through my emo' stage clothing for young 14 year old Sofia here. Or, 'do anything to annoy my mother' stage. Clearly, our relationship wasn't the best. Though anything i did annoyed the woman, adding fuel to the fire was just my goal here.

I didn't have much time to do anything to my hair, so i tried making my messy bun as neat as possible to still look presentable in the slightest. I avoided looking in the mirror as i made my way downstairs to not ruin my mood for tonight. Ignorance is bliss, if i didn't know how terrible i looked going to my crushes house, it wouldn't bother me. Or that's how i tried tricking myself at least.

"Hey dad," I greeted as I sat down next to him, my heavy body slumping on the leather couch. My skin crawled as my sweaty skin made contact with the leather, gripping at my back uncomfortably. I winced in discomfort. It was bad enough i was stepping out of my comfort zone wearing shorts as a 'not skinny' girl knowing Justin Adams would see me. But now id be sweating profusely too.

I wouldn't call myself overweight or fat per se, not that either of them are a bad thing. But i knew my body didn't look like everyone else's. Though that didn't used to bother me, it surely did when i was around the devil that is Justin.

"How long does it take you ladies to get ready?" My father groaned, fanning his face with a diy fan from a ripped up piece of paper. I smiled sympathetically at him, he had been waiting for us for quite awhile now in the hottest room of our house since our ac still hadn't been fixed.

"The queen is here, don't you worry daddy," my sister's voice interrupted as she walked up to us, her phone opened in her hands.

"Hey dad." She greeted just him as she kissed his cheek, locking her phone as she neared us.

She was wearing a pink strapless dress, ending just above her knees. It had cute little flowers on it and she had paired it with a little handbag and pink sandals. Her dirty blonde hair had been left open and curled.

That's my sister for you. The queen as she so humbly addressed herself.

Our outfits clashed completely. Probably why my mother prefers her. They have a similar sense of style. I couldn't blame her though, she was gorgeous. I envied her for being able to put in this much effort while I was so lazy.

"Good god, what are you wearing?" My mother asked me as soon as she stepped foot in the living room. "This is a dinner we'll be attending Sofia, not some rock concert." I tried my absolute hardest not to roll my eyes at her dramatics. My outfit wasn't that bad. Granted, i was trying to annoy her but this wasn't the worst i could've done. I had actually liked my outfit.

"My bad mother, here i thought you decided to take us to a Metallica concert." I smiled at her sarcastically.

"Gosh Sofia, i'm not even gonna ask what that is," She sighed and shook her head disappointedly. "At least leave your hair open will you? Try and resemble a girl tonight." She said.

jeez. who pissed in her cereal.

I said nothing anyway and opened my hair, letting it fall freely on my shoulders. It looked tangled and dirty but that's on her, she didn't give me time to shower. The fact i was sweating profusely wasn't helping either.