Chapter 28

| Flashback |

I slid down the bathroom wall, one hand gripping my hair and the other clutching my mouth closed, to keep in the sobs threatening to slip.

It happened again. They picked on my weight again.

Ofcourse Justin, who i once considered one of my best friends, just sat there and watched. Smiled even. Or maybe that was just my masochist mind playing tricks on me.

I've never felt more humiliated in my life.

Oh look, fattie is coming to get more food.

Geez, does she really need that much?

I bet she suffocated poor Justin.

Did you hear she tried to make a move on Justin? Ha. Idiot. As if he'd ever go for her.

The words stuck in my head as i wiped away at my eyes, and stood up ready to go class. I had swallowed down the embarrassment and opened the bathroom door. It was inevitable that i'd have to face people again either way, might as well get it done and over with.

To my immense luck, i stumbled into a wall. A soft, cologne wearing wall. With books in its hands that fortunately, fell upon my stumble.

I cursed and crouched down, frantically picking them up and apologizing over and over again.

"Hey, it's okay." The familiar voice called out.

I looked to be greeted with the one and only, Alec Adams. Fuck shit. Ofcourse this happens to me.

"Oh, hey Sofia. Are you alright?" He asked as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

"I-i im fine." I tried to say smoothly but ofcourse i couldn't.

He smiled and nodded his head before side stepping me and continued on with his walk.

I took in a deep breath as i lifted my shaking hands to my burning cheeks.

That's the most he spoke to me since we first met. Despite me being over at his house quite often, I've never been brave enough to hold a conversation so greetings was all i could manage.

I squealed and almost jumped up in excitement before collecting my self and running a hand through my hair.

You're in public Sofia.

But..

Alec Adams just made actual physical contact with me.

| Flashback over |

Sofia POV

I forced my legs forward as i pushed my self to run another mile.

The song blasted in my headphones loudly and distracted me from the burning sensation in my joints.

Every inch of my body ached. It was a good ache though. A motivational ache.

6 am.

It was 6 am and i was running my heart out.

Beth had practically forced me to join her.