Chapter 22

"Uh-i-"

"Im sorry, that came out a little weird," she let out an awkward laugh and i exchanged the weight on the leg i was leaning on, not knowing what to do with my body. The past few days have been confusing enough, now i have to listen to a strange woman talking to me about my real parents.. "Im guessing you already know about your real parents, considering what Selena told me?" She continued.

"Selena? What exactly did she tell you?" My sister hadn't told me much about my real parents, so hearing that she was telling people like 'Natasha' about it was weird in my books.

"That doesn't matter." She quickly brushed me off. "But, your real family has been looking for you, for quite some while now." She explained. I huffed.

"How long?" I asked. Clearly they haven't been trying that hard, I thought but kept to myself.

"Years."

"Then why give me up in the first place?" I questioned with a frown. I felt terrible and pathetic asking this to some stranger but she knew more about them than i did. I couldn't help but think she was judging me however.

"Uh, i think that's something you should ask them." She answered.

We just stood there in awkward silence for a few seconds. "Right, sorry." Obviously Sofia, how would she know why they didn't want you?

"So would you like to meet them?" She asked after some while.

I hesitated. "No."

Natasha widened her eyes in surprise and i immediately felt bad. She went through all the effort..

"I mean-" i started again before she could decide to leave. "Not right now atleast." I laughed awkwardly and twisted a piece of hair to distract from my sweaty palms. "I only found out about them a few days ago so.."

She smiled sympathetically.

"Well, if you ever change your mind then I'll give you my phone number." She said as she started writing it down on a piece  of paper.

"Thanks."

<><><>

"Are you going?" Justin asked as we walked to Maths. A class that we had together.

"To what?"

"Didn't they say we had to stay after school for an extra hour to study for finals?"

"Fucks sake." I groaned, extremely exhausted and ready to go home. I was so conflicted thinking about all that has been going on recently I forgot i still had school responsibilities to live up to.

"Well are you?" He asked, noticing my tensed up posture and leaning a hand over to massage in between my shoulder and neck.

My body went stiff at the gesture, tensing up even more with goosebumps decorating my skin. I was ready to shake it off when his hands worked their magic and started unwinding at the knots under my muscles. My body went limp and i let out a groan in appreciation. I almost forgot to answer his question until he removed his hands away and I recovered from my trance.

"N-no," i cleared my throat.

"I can study at home, no need to spend more time in this hell hole." I explained.

"Okay, cool. Well, you just got yourself a new study partner." He grinned.

"Great." I replied sarcastically.

"Oh shut up, you know you love me." He winked. "It's a date!"

"Alright class, settle down!" The teacher shouted as she entered the room.