Chapter 16

Beth POV (A/N bear with me, i have to explain the situation)

I sighed in relief and dragged myself down onto the floor.

I placed my head in my arms.

I ran a hand through my hair and groaned.

Shes fine.

For now.

I have a year or so left.

And until then, i need to continue with my... Job.

••••

Sofia POV

Once i had finally sat down, a mug of hot chocolate in my hand, i frowned and started to worry. It was late and Beth still was not replying to either of us.

Once Jasmine said that comment about her mother, she immediately hung up.

So, now we were all at my house (minus Beth ofcourse) drinking hot chocolate.

Literally drinking a hot drink after a day at the beach.

Weird, isn't it?

"You okay 'Fie?" Justin asked as he sat down next to me.

I hummed and took a sip of the hot chocolate in my hand.

"Yup." I mumbled after.

Just then, Beth barged in the living room.

"I am back humans." She said with a weird smile on her face.

I rushed over to her and hugged her, the mug in my hand pushed aggressively in Justin's hands.

"Never do that again! You scared the living daylights out of me." I said once i finally let go of her.

"Sorry, i felt like being dramatic today." Beth joked.

"What happened?" I asked her worriedly. "Is your mother okay?"

"Oh nothing. Just a misunderstanding." She brushed me off as she sat down next to Alec.

"Ooo, hot chocolate." She said as she took the mug out of Alec's hands and took a sip.

Alec laughed and placed his arm around her neck as he ruffled her hair.

"You can be so freaking stupid sometimes. Never do that again, you made us all worried." He confessed.

"Aww, you felt worried for me? I feel flattered Casanova, thats like the first time you felt something else other than hate towards me." Beth said as she touched her chest, as if she felt touched.

Don't question the nickname.

"You know i love you Beth." She went quiet at that, looking away and smiling at her hands. "And don't call me that."

Beth laughed.

•••

Once everyone else was gone, Justin decided that he would stay a little bit more.

I didn't question it and simply stretched on the couch, making myself comfortable, as i reached for the controller and went on Netflix.

Justin lifted my legs and sat down before placing them back on his lap.

"Netflix and chill?" He asked as he wiggled his eyebrows.