40

Dont be a ghost reader pls 🥹

Stress cleaning.

That's where i was at right now and where i had been for a good few hours. At some point, i had nothing left to clean and resorted to making a mess so i could clean it once again because i didnt want to sit in my own thoughts.

I was sure Alba would be happy with it though, the woman had basically nothing to do tomorrow considering i just did her job for her.

The fifty thousand dollar check weighed down in my pockets so heavy that i figuratively felt my pants coming down. I promised my mother anything for it so she had no choice but give it to me, no questions asked. However now... now i had the weight of the world on me.

I finally stilled my hand from wiping down the already clean table once again and sat down on the chair next to it. I really needed to chill.

After taking a breather, i sat up and decided it was time to put a stop to the hurricane inside my brain. It was Beth i was doing this for. She needed me, and I wouldn't let her down.

I pulled out my phone, ready to complete the first task of the mission my mother had assigned for me when the doorbell rang, interrupting me.

I placed my phone down on the squeaky clean kitchen island before heading to the door.

I couldn't help the groan that left my lips when i realised who it was on the other side of the door.

"What, Justin?" The boy rolled his eyes at my rudeness when i turned around and headed to the sitting room, not waiting for his response.

"It's so nice to see you too, Sofia." He shot me a grin before plopping down on the sofa situated in the middle on the room. The cream coloured couch dipped slightly at the weight of him.

"Why are you here?" I asked, not beating around the bush as i sat opposite him.

"Gheez, what got your panties in a twist?" He frowned, probably not used to me being so hostile considering we were becoming friendly in the past while. I couldn't blame him, it wasn't his fault today was the worst day ever. But then again, maybe it was.

I couldn't help but scowl at him as I remembered his little scene with Chloe earlier.

"Is there a specific reason you showed up at my house unannounced or are you here just to be an annoying jerk?"

"First of all, i did tell you i would," he started, crossing his arms, the sleeves of his black V-neck tightening around his biceps.

I tried not to look as he continued talking, "and i don't see you kneeing me in the balls either for it so just tell me why you're so cranky."

I rolled my eyes at him, but continued ignoring his question nonetheless as i got back up on my feet and went to grab my phone from the kitchen where i had dropped it when he interrupted me.

I could feel him trailing behind me but i pretended I didn't care.

"Why are you mad at me?" He continued. "Is this because of what happened at school?"

I immediately turned around at that and scoffed at him.

"What do you mean, 'what happened at school?'" I questioned as i raised an eyebrow.

"Come on 'Fie, you know," he chuckled "we both know you bumped into us on purpose."

I was ready to roll my eyes at him again when he walked closer, placing a hand on my elbow as he invaded my space.

"Are you jealous?" He whispered with a smile.

I let out an exasperated sigh before pushing him back.

"You're not that important babe," i smiled sarcastically "why would i be jealous?"