Chapter 23

Sofia POV

I groaned as my alarm went off and dragged myself out of bed. Justin, while having been sweet for carrying me to bed and setting my alarm up, was a fucking liar. Because he hadn't actually spent the night.

I didn't want to sit and ponder on why he couldn't, maybe he had other responsibilities like.. some other girl? Instead, i got up and readied myself for another dragging day at school.

After straightening my hair and putting on a decent pair of leggings and hoodie, i grabbed a granola bar and made my way out.

I was about to go to my car when someone else pulled up in our driveway. I panicked a little at the recognised car since i didn't have any make up on, just a light layer of mascara and lip balm, but i calmed down since that shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

If i plan to be together with him in the future then he might as well get used to my natural face.

I greeted him with a smile as he poked his head out the window and waved me over. I didn't realise how much i missed him.

"Hey Sof. Wanna drive to school with me today?" Alec asked while chewing gum.

"Yeah, sure." I replied, trying not to seem to excited, and opened his car door, getting in the passanger seat. He hadn't offered this in a while. I assumed Rachel wasn't comfortable with our friendship but now that she was gone, i could only hope Alec was back too.

"What? No new girl today?" I teased him.

"Nah, im done with that. Im just spending quality time with my friends from now on." He answered. Inside, i sighed in relief and did a little victory dance, but on the outside i simply just smiled.

"Thats great Alec. Im proud of you."

"So, wanna hang out tonight?" He asked, as he reversed the car out of the parking lot, one hand on the back of my seat and the other on the wheel as he looked behind his shoulder.

Oh my gosh i love it when men do that.

"Yeah, sure...i missed you." I added. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to say with a fake boyfriend and all, but Alec was my best friend so i said it anyway.

He smiled charmingly.

"I missed you too."

<><><>

The bell finally rung, dismissing us all from our current lesson.

Everyone rushed as it was the end of the day and ran out of the classroom as fast as possible.

I, however, took my time. There is always too many people in the hallway and it's way too crowded, especially on Fridays so i just stay behind a little and leave when the hallways clear out.

I got out the classroom and walked to my locker, when Elena called my name.

I turned around and smiled.

We seemed to drift away recently. Shes more closed off and never home for some reason. If i ever ask if she wants to do something, she just says shes busy. I haven't really bothered her about it because every time i do, she gets super sensitive. Maybe today is the day all our friends come back to their senses.