Twenty-One: Jason's Excursion †

Start from the beginning

"He went into a warehouse?" questioned Johanna, retrieving her book from the floor.

I nodded frantically. "Yes but I don't know what went on inside. I didn't dare go in."

Johanna looked dubious for a moment and contemplative. "Maybe you could search up the town on Google Maps or something and find the address of the building, search it up on Google and see what comes up?" she suggested, shrugging her shoulders bashfully.

I stared at her in wondrous amazement. "You know, that is brilliant-"

"But wait until tomorrow," she interposed, yawning again for the umpteenth time. "Some of us need sleep."

I shook my head and waved my hand haphazardly in the air. "Who needs sleep when you're exposing someone who has all these secrets?" I questioned myself rhetorically. "Let me get my laptop."

I pulled out my laptop and turned it on. I sat down on my bed, shrugging off my jacket and letting it fall to the bed next to me. I waited until my laptop had turned on properly while Johanna was "resting her eyes". I rolled mine knowing she was in all probability slumbering already.

I clicked onto Google Chrome and Google popped up instantaneously. I searched up the town on Google Maps and retraced Jason's steps to the warehouse building. I found the address and copied it onto a new tab of Google.

Lots of different things came up: the building's past of when it was built, what it originally was, what it got turned into and yet, there was nothing about what it was now. All for the present there were articles of how it was now abandoned after a raging inferno tore the building down. It was rebuilt in the early 1900's but nothing ever came of it afterwards.

I abruptly felt angry. Maybe Jason apprehended that some people would try and follow him and that's why they picked the derelict warehouse as a location for... for what? I sighed and logged off my laptop. Johanna awoke at the noise of slapping my laptop screen down.

"What did you find?" she asked, sitting up slightly but keeping the duvet over her.

"Nothing," I said through gritted teeth. "Only that it was building in the early 1800's and that's useless. But then there was a fire in the early 1900's and when they rebuilt it, they didn't alter it into something specific. It just says it's now a neglected warehouse."

Johanna sighed. "Alright, well just go to bed. Jason may end up telling you soon enough what's going on because it's obvious how close you two are."

I turned to her after pulling myself up from lying on the bed. "We're friends," I breathed. "How many times do I have to say that?"

"As many times until it settles in," she replied. "You did go to his room, anyway."

Deciding it was better not to say anything in response, I located my pyjamas and strolled into the bathroom. I changed and when I came back out, I threw my clothes down in the bag at the foot of the bed in front of the drawers and got into bed. I'd have to take my clothes to the laundrette soon enough in town. I was running very low on clothes again and I had only done it a couple of weeks previously and it wasn't exactly discounted.

I closed my eyes but even in my sleep I was still retracing the steps of Jason, following him through the town. This time, though, we weren't going to the vacant warehouse. He was leading me all the way through the town until we ended up right on the other side from the college. That's when he turned around and smirked at me, pulling down his sunglasses to get a better look at me.

"I know you're there, Tiegan," he whispered.

He was suddenly in front of me now. I was gasping at how remarkable this all was but still remorseful of the fact that he'd managed to detect me. It was a simple mistake to make to let myself be discovered but I wasn't thinking straight. I was too inattentive studying where we were going.

"We all have secrets, don't we? Just like you hiding your own secrets," he murmured sexily in my ear, leaning forward and grasping my hips tightly. I closed my eyes.

A second later, the image vanished and I shot up in bed, my fringe sticking to my forehead with sweat. I was gasping. Johanna was asleep next to me and the sun was slowly peeking through the curtains despite it was still early and I had a free period. I held my forehead, wiping it down with the back of my hand and lying down again. Be calm, Tiegan. I closed my eyes.

It had been a dream, I mused. But that didn't stop him from being truthful.

------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

So what do you think Jason was doing in that warehouse? We finally have some insight of his personal life! Whatever you guys think, comment it and I'll maybe give some hints as to whether you're close!

Thank you :) x