Chapter Twelve

Ella's POV

I walked by the Naval base and ogled some more of the guys that were playing basketball. As I started walking again I departed to my own world of fascination.

"Hey Ogler" a man yelled startling me. The voice made me whip my head around to see if they were talking to me. As I turned around I noticed the man had stopped fiftyish feet away from me and I pointed to myself as if to say; me? "yeah you,"

"What do you need sir?" I asked cautiously.

"There's no need to call me sir, the name is Hunter. And what may your name be madam?" Hunter questioned me. Should I tell him my real name or something else? 

"The name is Artemis" I replied deciding on giving him my middle name to stay safer for now.

"Well Artemis I would love to get a drink with you at some point,"

"How about here about 05:30 tomorrow we meet up and then you can pick the place?" I offered. 

"Sounds good to me! I'll see you then!" Hunter exclaimed. I waved goodbye him and started walking back to my hotel. As I was walking I heard hoots and hollers coming from the Naval base, I guess the guys on base were either congratulating him or making fun of him. I shook my head at their foolishness but continued walking back to my hotel. I got back to the hotel and the clerk at the front desk attempted to flirt with me but I was to damn tired to deal with it I just ignored him and headed straight to my room. Arriving in my room I through the key down on a table slid my shoes off my feet and crashed. The walk back had somehow made me more tired and the jet lag had probably caught up to me again. I didn't take any of my clothes or make up off, hell I didn't even get under the sheets I just fell asleep.

My alarm went off at 7:00 A.M. local time. I groaned not wanting to leave the bed. It took me a good ten to fifteen minutes to get out of the bed. When I finally decided to get up I had to rush through my morning routine because I didn't want to be late to the training day at the convenience shop. I decided on a classic rock tee and another pair of jeans. Since I was running late I didn't eat breakfast but I decided that I would be able to eat after the training. The shop was a five minute walk but I decided to run and not risk being late on the first day. I ended up making to the shop with a few minutes to spare. 

"Ah, Ms. Artemis, you seem to be a little early," Mr. Enrique said. I could already tell that he was going to be a father like figure instead of being the stereotypical boss to me. 

"Yep, nothing like an early start to the day,"

"Well lets show you around and give you the basics of running the store. After we've run through I have to get my child for a few hours. I will be back at 4:30 to take back over," he explained as we started to walk. He began to show me what to do depending on what the customer asked for as well as emergency protocols for the store. There were no customers while he was there but he said that he trusted me not to do anything stupid. The first customer came around noon and was a young Spanish boy so I had to use my school taught fluent Spanish to figure out what he wanted but all went well and he was very polite to me. My other clients for the day were mostly Americans coming to get a taste of home. Luckily for me no one tried to make a move on me or asked for my number. The day was great overall. Mr. Enrique came back early saying his wife had come home and shoed him out of the house. I left thanking him for the position and headed back to my hotel. The hotel had a conference room area with free computers to us so I decided to get a jumpstart on searching for an apartment so I could have a more permeant area to settle down. I contacted a few places to see if they did showings after four or five and the afternoon to just get some feelers out. I was heading back up to my room when my email went off saying that I was more than welcome to come check out their apartments for rent today. It was 4:50 so I decided it couldn't hurt to try and headed out. The apartment wasn't in the best neighborhood but other wise it was decent and the rent was cheep so it definitely made my contenders list. After I left I had to rush to the Naval base.