Chapter Twenty-Five

Ella's POV

I clamber into Jaxon's SUV and we head to JFK airport. I couldn't wait to the see the guys, as supportive and comforting as Jaxon is he didn't understand the pain of losing Hunter. I worry about the boys meeting Jaxon because they may figure out that he is the asshole that made her move to Rota, Spain. As I ponder my thoughts I feel Jaxon put his hand on my knee. He rubs circles on my knee trying to calm my racing knees.

"I got Dan situated in a nice shack on the outskirts of property."

"A shack?!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, it was used for munitions, and I mean it still is, but now it has running water and a small kitchenette for whatever he needs."

"It has munitions?!" I exclaim 

"Yeah what could possibly happen?" I stare at him. How could this man be so dumb?

"Dan is a fucking PCP addict that likes to kill people! You tell me what could happen!"

"I'm sure it will be fine! There isn't something that can cause that much damage in there. The worst thing is a few sticks of C4." I roll my eyes but don't respond on the account that we arrived. I tell Jaxon to stay in the truck as I go inside to wait for the guys. 

I get inside and stand near the exit. I knew the guys would be out shortly so I pulled out my phone and began to play a game. I let my mind wander as I waited. I was abruptly pulled out of my head as I was bombarded by hugs. The boys all lift me up and hug me tightly. Oh, how I missed this. 

"I'm so sorry Arty!" Brice mumbled in my ear. I nodded and put my head in his shoulder.

"Let's go guys. I've got a car outside waiting." I tap Brice's shoulder to let me down but he refuses. I laugh a little but direct the guys outside to the SUV. I knock on the window and get Jaxon to open the trunk. "Guys this Jaxon. He is the one we are gonna stay with before we drive down to Arlington in two days."

"Okay." says Johnny.

"Wait is this the asshole? Artemis I swear to god if you are living with the asshole that you had an arrange marriage with I will personally kidnap you and take you back to Rota with me!" yells Brice. I scratch my head.

"Look Brice. It's just for a little bit until I get back on my feet. Then I'm gone," I hear a scoff from behind me, "I promise I'm not gonna make any terrible decisions. I just couldn't live in my apartment anymore. It reminded me to much of Hunter. Please don't be mad at me," I plead. He gives me a stiff nod and climbs in the back. I hop back in the passenger seat and Jaxon takes off deciding to stay silent. I let my mind mull over all that is happening. I should have known that Brice would figure out that Jaxon is the asshole. Brice is an intelligence officer for a reason. 

"Is there anyone else that we will meet that we need to be aware of?" asks Johnny. Jaxon and I share a look before he gives me a slight nod.

"Well a good couple of people live at the house but most of them will leave you unbothered. However, um Dan is a bit of a nutcase but you'll recognize him immediately so just steer clear." The boys nod in response. The rest of the ride is quite. I can tell that Jaxon is in deep thought and not particularly thrilled with Brices reaction to him.

Jaxon's POV

I about killed that asshole when he threatened kidnapping Ella. Ella is mine, I know I fucked up but after her breakdown I can feel our bond strengthening. I decide to remain stoic on the way home. I didn't want to cause any drama with Ella's friends. They are her guests and the way to any women's heart is through two things family and food and at the moment these men are her family since she has abandoned her actually parents. Honestly, I would have disowned myself if I had her parent they are absolute asshole that should rot in hell. We get back to the house and I just tell Ella I have to go meet someone. I hop into my Camaro. After Ella left, the first time, I got in contact with Chandler. He was supporting the girl Ella killed for and I decided that I wanted to help out because if she thought it was enough to kill for I would definitely help out. Over this time Chandler and I became good friends.

Brice's POV

Artemis' bad decisions mad me need to blow off some steam. I walk out of my assigned room to go find the fitness center the Artemis spoke of. I am walking down the hallway when I bump into some.

"Sorry! Hey I don't think I've seen you here before!" Wow! This girl is smoking hot!

"Oh, yeah I'm Artemis' friend from Rota. I'm here for the funeral."

"Oh. I'm her best friend from high school."

"Cool! Wanna go somewhere?" My drive to go to the gym was replaced with a drive for something else.