Chapter Nineteen

Ella's POV

Last Time on I'm Sold to Who Now!

Times Square was fun. Hunter marveled at all the screens and thanked me for picking the optimum time to go. We are on our way to the café. The line was kind of long but it was doable. Hunter had ordered for us and we were waiting for our meals.

"Ella?" I know that voice. The little villain on my shoulder.

"Fucking Shit," I mutter. How the fuck did he fucking find me. I covered my fucking tracks from Rota and the damn fucking bastard found me. Great Ella just fucking great.

Now back to Chapter Nineteen

Maybe I can just ignore him? 

"Ella? Is that you?" I guess not.

"Hey Jaxon..." I turn around slowly. He looks better than when I left. 

"Babe foods ready." Dammit Hunter. I turn around and smile.

"Hunter this is Jaxon. Jaxon this is my fiancé Hunter," I explain smiling. Jaxon clenched his jaw at my statement. Ha! Take that you son of a bitch. Hunter looks at me.

"Is this the bastard that your fucking parents arranged you to?!" Hunter growled out.

"The one and fucking only." Hunter stepped forward and decked Jaxon. "Shit! Hunter we gotta go. His friends are probably surrounding us now!" I grab the food and Hunters arm. We make it our easily but I see AJ and Cole coming up the street. Shit! I duck my head and strt eating. They pass by us.

"Babe, whats wrong? Why are you so jittery?"

"Um, so, Jaxon is into some pretty bad buisness and I didn't want you to get hurt."

"What about you? You could get hurt."

"I can hold my own against his men. His men know it too so they won't attack me but they don't know your strength so they'll attack you before me," I rush out. Hunter nods but still looks confused. "Hey lets just forget about it for now and finish seeing the sites? Where to next?" I ask.

"Uh, Empire State?" He asks obiviously still nervous. 

"Yep lets go!" I lead him through the streets showing him smaller sites as we go. The line is kind of short at the Empire State building so it only takes us about an hour to get through security. Hunter marveled at the achetechure of the building and the views. After the Empire State building we went to Rockefeller center, Chinatown, and Little Italy. The shock wore off and we Hunter and I had an amazing day.  

"Home?" Hunter asked. I nod in response. On our way home I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being followed but I ignored it to savor the day with Hunter before he started work. We got back to the apartment in no time. 

"What do you want for dinner?" I ask Hunter. 

"Tacos?"

"Definitely!" I hop on my phone to PostMates because ain't nobody got time to make food. Hunter laughed at me but nodded along to my choice. "Should be here in like ten to fifteen"

"Sounds good babe," Hunter replied. 

"You sound nervous hun."

"Just new job and all I guess," He replied but I could tell that it wasn't it.

"Hunter what is it?"

"Just you have this whole difficult past that you won't explain, but we're engaged now and I think you can tell me," He groaned in frustration. I didn't want to tell him but he was right I should.

"Okay. Where do you want me to start?"

"At the beginning. Before you found our about the arrangement."

"So I was in Boston attending Harvard where I got my masters in Financial management and Business management. I was a broke college student and had been taking boxing lessons to get my strength up when I met Chandler. He quickly introduced me into the world of street fights. I quickly took on the persona of the Red Death."

"Wait you're the Red Death?!"

"Yeah..."

"We heard rumors of you! You were undefeated!"

"Yeah. I fought and was good. I guess rage from my time before college fueled me in the ring. But college ended and I moved back to New York. That's when it all changed. I originally met Jaxon my first night back but was unaware who he was he had offered to buy me a beer but I had declined thus disrespecting him. The next day is when I came aware of the arrangement. I visited my parents only to find out they had sold me to him. I had to move in with him and it was rough my disrespect of him and his gang members led to me being locked up and only let out to train. I got out by tricking them to take me medical room and fought the people by using a large piece of glass and then I made my way to Rota and you know how that went," I rushed out. Hunters response was hugging me tightly. There was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it babe." He rushes to the door. "Who the fuck are you?" I rush to stand up.

"We want the girl. She is our leverage against our rivals." That mean this isn't Jaxons gang. 

"No." I rush to the door Hunter was going to get hurt and I couldn't let that happen.

"Well that's not gonna work for us buddy," The man replied.

"Hunter move," I shouted but it was too late. A shot went off. "You fucker." I launched myself at him. I rang my hands around his neck and snapped it. I let the body drop and rush back to Hunter grabbing my phone and call 911. They arrived and we went off to the hospital

-------A/N-------

Sorry. I'll try and update this weekend but y'all know that I suck at keeping a schedule.