Chapter Eighteen

*Jaxon's POV*

I had to face it Ella was gone. After she ran on to the base I made the decision to go back to New York. Ella was happy where she was and I wasn't going to be able to get on the base. I knew she was moving due to the old land lady but I didn't know where. Its time to call Staff Sergeant McAll.

"McAll speaking," he answers.

"McAll its Jaxon I need information," I saved his wife a few months back so now he is in my debt.

"On?"

"A marine or navy guy is moving from Rota, Spain. He is currently engaged to someone of mine," I couldn't remember the little bastards name.

"Without looking I know that Corporal Hunter Davis has moved from Rota to New York and he is engaged to something Thornburg," he's here. If he's here that means she is here alongside him. I have a chance now.

"Artemis?"

"Yeah that's it! Nice kid girl has some sort of past though and was shaken apparently when he told her that he got transferred back stateside." She better be shaken. She knows I rule New York and since she has been gone my hold on the city has only tightened.

"Thanks," I hang up. She's here. In my city. I'm going to find her. She will be mine forever. Screw the fucking bastard that thinks he can take her from me.

Ella's POV

Jaxon finding me gave me nightmares for the next few nights but Hunter was there to quell my fears. Today we were leaving for New York and I was hoping that I could just get there and live my life in peace. 

"You ready baby. The cab is outside," Hunter yells from the door.

"Yep let me just grab my bag," I yell back. My duffel was full of overnight necessities that would be useful on the trip. The military had shipped all of our stuff prior to the move so that it would be ready by the time we arrived.

*Time Skip*

We landed in New York at 8:30 PM. The apartment was full of boxes and the bed didn't have any sheets but it was home. Hunter made the bed while I unpacked some of the boxes. 

"Come to bed baby!" Hunter yelled from the bedroom. 

"I'm coming." I move out of the kitchen and make my way to the bedroom. Hunter was already in bed when I arrived.

"Hey, I have the day off tomorrow. Why don't you give me a tour around the city that never sleep?"

"Yeah! I can make a few calls and get us in anywhere?" Hunter nods. I brush my teeth and change into shorts and a tank top. As I exit the bathroom Hunter makes grabby hands at me. I sigh feigning annoyance. Hunter puts his hands down looking sad. I run at the bed and pounce on him. Hunter makes and oof sound as I land on him. I snuggle into his chest. 

"Goodnight baby," Hunter sighs as I fall asleep.

I wake to Hunters prodding.

"Baby get up! You gotta show me the city!" Jesus he needs to pull on his man pants and stop acting like a fucking child. 

"Yeah yeah. Fuck off." I swung my arm in the air for more emphasis. He muttered something under his breath as he left. 

"Sorry babe you asked for it." I scream a pitcher of water was thrown on me. I turn to face Hunter. He is dead. I lunge. We go flying back into a stack of boxes. "Well babe now that your up lets get moving. Todays not a day to waste," he shouts gleefully pulling me up. I scowl but make my way to the bathroom. My routine was quick, the longest part was drying and straightening my hair. I finish and start to fish through the boxes for a suitable outfit. I found a pair of black skinny jeans with rips because of my clumsiness and grab a plain tee and the camo bomber jacket the boys had gotten me in Rota.

"Lets go!" I shout out to Hunter. He nods slides on his sneaker and hands me Marvin the Martian converse. "First stop is Times Square. Most people aren't there at this time so we can get some good pics and not deal with the hassle of tourists. Then there is a café around the corner that we can stop by and get brunch. After that we can choose between the Empire State Building or Central Park." Hunter nods along. 

Times Square was fun. Hunter marveled at all the screens and thanked me for picking the optimum time to go. We are on our way to the café. The line was kind of long but it was doable. Hunter had ordered for us and we were waiting for our meals.

"Ella?" I know that voice. The little villain on my shoulder.

"Fucking Shit," I mutter. How the fuck did he fucking find me. I covered my fucking tracks from Rota and the damn fucking bastard found me. Great Ella just fucking great.