Chapter Twenty-Four

Ella's POV

Jaxon looks at me with sympathy in his eyes. As much as I hate sympathy I am glad for it at this moment. We arrive at the house and Jaxon helps me out of my truck.

"Lets get you to the doctor." He guides me into the house. I nod and let him help me up the stairs appreciating his presence for once.

"What's up doc?" I say sarcastically. The doctor glares at me. Oops guess he still hasn't forgiving me for the glass incident. He ignores me and begins to tend on my bullet wounds.

"I have to find the bullet. This is going to hurt." He chuckles smugly. Jaxon glares at him but I laugh it off. He shoves his fingers into my thigh. The blood begins to gush out of the wound. I hiss in pain. Jaxon takes my hand and gives me a reassuring squeeze. Doc finally pulls the bullet out the whole while he was smirking at my pain. Damn payback really is a bitch. The suturing and other wounds weren't that bad. Jaxon walks me out of the doc box and begins to lead me toward my old room when my phone rings.

"Brain what's up?" I answer.

"We are enroute. Got an earlier flight out will be there in eight hours." I gasp. I am not prepared for them right now. Hell I just got shot.

"Um, okay. I will text you where I'm staying."

"You're not in your apartment?!" He gasps in shock.

"No I um couldn't stay there. His presence was just to great for me there. I'm with some really good friends right now," I attempted to explain.

"Okay," he responded uneasily. "We'll meet you there when we land."

"I could pick you up?" I offered.

"I mean if you can. Otherwise we can get a rental car for the trip to the house. Our plane is boarding. See you in eight hours."

"Seeya then!" I hung up the phone and turned to Jaxon. "We have a problem!"

"I'll get them rooms on the top floor away from the gang-related stuff. I'll have someone put a bed and kitchenet stuff in the machine shed for Dan. Right now though, you need to rest. I'll drive you to the airport to insure that you don't tear your stiches. Now get some rest!" I nod and he guides me to the room I woke up in oh so long ago. It smells like him. My head snaps toward Jaxon. He is hiding a knowing smirk. That bastard kept me in his room! Honestly, he has changed and I'm not sure how to handle it. He is still dominate but he has been nicer and actually seems remorseful for what he did to me. I smile lightly and flop down on the bead. I forgot how comfy his bed is. Ah finally a well deserved nap.

Jaxon's POV

I wanted to tear that blubbering idiots arm off when he was taking out the bullet. I knew that little Ella would have yelled at me for hurting him because he was just "doing his job" but that didn't stop my undeniable rage toward him for causing her pain. After the doc was done I saw the uncertainty in her eyes when she was on the phone with her ex's friend. I tried hard to listen in because if it could potentially hurt her I needed to know. I was happy to see the concern drift off in light of my plans for her friends and that crazy ass crackhead Dan. Her room wasn't a 100% complete yet so I lead her to my room and didn't miss the small smile on her face when we arrived. When she fell asleep I left.

"Yo Jaxon how is she?" shouted Autumn.

"She's asleep dumbass! Other than that she is completely fine. Now I need some help." She raises her eyebrows. "Her friends are getting in today and I need three rooms prepared for them. I also need a fridge, microwave, and bed in the machine shed for that crack head."

"No problem boss. Oh his name is Dynamite Dan you should use that instead of that crack head." I picked up a remote and pegged her in the head. She flipped me the bird and walked off. I went back to my room to make sure that Ella was still sleeping well.

—————7 Hours Later—————

All the rooms were ready and now we just had to go get her friends. I enter my room and head straight to Ella.
"Ella wake up!" She doesn't stir. "Ella!"
"Hunter don't leave me!" She screams out. I quickly shake her out of the nightmare.
"It's time to go get your friends." She nods and crawls out of the bed.

—————— Authors Note——————

I did it! I finally updated! Sorry for the long wait I went on winter vacation and where we stayed didn't have WiFi sooo couldn't do much. Hope you enjoyed! Let me know what you want to happen next!