Chapter Thirty-Two

Ella's POV

Jaxon and I cuddled up to each other as we fell asleep. When we wake up we both know that we have to deal with the whole pregnancy situation. I roll into Jaxon as I wake up. He groans and his eyes flutter open as I stare up at him.

"Mornin baby-girl." I sigh into him and nestle my head into his chest muttering morning back. "Come on we need to get up. We have to deal with Autumns situation."

"I know." I pull back from Jaxon and hop out of the bed. He grumbles but joins me in my quest to the bathroom. We both get ready together before heading downstairs.

Autumn is sitting at the kitchen counter chowing down on a giant jar of peanut butter. She gives me a small smile as Jaxon and I enter the room. I wordlessly start making pancakes for the house as Jaxon makes small talk with Autumn. Dan stumbles into the room with soot covering his body.

"Dan what did you do?!" Jaxon grumbles. Dan smiles maniacally at Jaxon and I sigh knowing he did something bad.

"Well Autumn mentioned it to me when I had found her crying so I've prepping for the new child!" He shouts.

"Dan what does prepping mean?" I ask cautiously knowing he had some convoluted ideas.

"Well the kid needs a play-set outside and bed and fun stuff! So I took on the job and welded him a bed and made a play-set!" He shouts proudly, "It did take a few tries though," he states quietly. Autumn jumps up and rushes Dan with a hug.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Dan! You don't know how much this means to me!" She whispers. I smile at the sight. Jaxon appears beside me and wraps his arm around my waist. I lean into his touch. Dan waves goodbye and I finished making the pancakes. We all finish our food slowly knowing the conversation to follow would be extremely difficult.

"Are you ready Autumn?" I ask as I pull up Brice's number.

"Can we go into the office? I don't want anyone to over hear us." Jaxon nods and leads us toward his office. We all sit down and I press call. Autumn is shaking and I rise from Jaxon's lap to comfort her. The phone stops ringing.

"Why the hell are you calling me!?!?!" Brice. Autumn gasps. I glare at the phone.

"I need to tell you something," Autumn sniffles out.

"What is it bitch?"

"YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!" I shout. Autumn gasps but picks up the phone and takes it off speaker. Jaxon holds me to prevent me from taking the phone.

Autumn puts the phone down. Tears streaming down her face. I rush to her. She falls into my arms. Sobbing. I cradle her in my arms wishing for her crying to stop. There is a knock on the door. I nod at Jaxon to open it. And in strides the one the only Dynamite Dan! He looks at Autumn then at me.

"He doesn't want it! How could he not want it?! It's his child!" Autumn wails. Dan rushes forward and embraces us in a hug.

"I'll take care of it! I love kids!" He shouts. Autumn smiles weakly at him before standing up and leaving the room. "What did I do? Did I say something wrong?" Dan murmurs as he slams his hand against his forehead.

"Dan! Stop!" I shout, "Autumn is just in a hard place right now and needs some time to think." He nods. He sulks out of the room. Jaxon hugs me from behind and I lean into his chest. Sighing.

"We'll figure this out. I promise we will," he murmurs into my ear. I nod.

----- Two Hours Later -----

Autumn had locked herself in her room again. I hadn't seen Dan since he left Jaxon's office earlier today. Jaxon ended up having to go take care of something at one of his warehouses. So, that left me sitting on the kitchen counter snacking on some chips. Thinking. I want to help Autumn but I don't know how; she seems so sad all the time but what should I do to help her out? Dan walks into the kitchen interrupting my thoughts. He looks nervous.

"Can I asks you a question?" he prompts. I nod my head for him to continue. "How do you think Autumn would react if I offered to adopt her kid?" I choke on a chip. And that's when I noticed the shaking hands.

"What do you mean?" I finally squeak out.

"Like, what if I help her raise the child? Like they become my son or daughter and her child to? Do you think she would hate me if I offered? I really don't want her to hate me! I just want to help! She looks so broken!" He rambles on.

"Dan! Dan!" I interrupt and he stops talking, "I think she would appreciate the offer! Just, don't get upset if she doesn't give you the response you want! Okay? She doesn't like being seen as weak or being pitied." He nods excitedly and starts to run out of the room. "Wait Dan!" I yell, he turns and looks at me, "Are you trying to get clean?" I question.

"Well you can't raise child if you are high can you?" He states as he runs out.

---------Explanation of Absence---------

Sooooooo.... yeah. I don't even know when the last time I updated was and I truly apologize for the long break. At the start of stay in place orders in my area I thought it would be amazing time to finish up my book however my situation became more stressful than relaxing quick. I encountered a lot of personal issues(I'd prefer not to discuss) that kept me from completing my goals. I truly am sorry for my extended absence but on a good note the book is almost done! I am going to try and get it done before the new year but no promises. I hope you all enjoy this update that has been in process since probably February.