Chapter 48- Love In The Air

Jasmine’s POV.

2 more hours until I see all my beautiful friends. All of them, I’m so excited we are all together it’s great seeing them all happy and living their dreams. 

I’m currently driving because Matt needed to sleep so I let him rest and I took the wheel, he insisted for me not to crash his Jeep. I giggled at his little rant about me being careful, “What are you giggling about?” I heard Matt roll over and smile. “I was just thinking.” I simply replied, “You excited to see Jack?” 

“Of course I am. I’m nervous though”

“Don’t be. He is stubborn but he cares for you so much Jasmine it’s written all over his face. I can tell he cares for you just as much as you care about him if not more.”

“Matt, I love you and I really want you to be happy.” 

“I want you to be happy too.” 

“Do you love Taylah?” 

“Of course I do everything about her is beautiful. I’m surprised I never saw her beauty before and I treated her like shit. But so did she so it’s even.”

“Aw, do you see each other being together forever?” 

“That’s actually what I wanted to talk to you about.”

“Yeah….”

“I wanted to ask if you would be ok if I asked her to marry me……I asked mum and she was ecstatic.”

“AWWW MATT I WOULDN’T WANT ANYTHING ELSE. SHE REALLY DOES LOVE YOU MATT. YES YES YES YES DO IT. DO YOU HAVE A RING?” 

“Mum gave me her ring that she had when her and got dad married”

“Wow Matt.” 

“I love her. So much Jaz it drives me crazy.”

“That’s love.”

“It’s like I care more about her happiness then my own.”

“Matt, that’s love. Your in love with her”

“I am.” 

We spent the rest of the drive talking about their wedding and we don’t even know if she is going to say yes. But I know she will, she loves him. I pulled into my drive way and parked. We got out of the car and grabbed all our bags. “You ready?” Matt said reassuring me, I nodded and we walked to my front door. 

I fumbled with the keys trying to unlock the door and once I opened the door everyone was sitting in the living room drinking. Everyone smiled and I saw the back of Gilinsky’s head and my stomach dropped in excitement to see him and anxiety for his response to the big news. I watched as he turned his head around and we locked eyes and he just smiled widely at me, before I knew it I was wrapped in his arms with my head nuzzled into his chest as he pulled me close to him so I could hear his heart beat. Oh how I missed that sound. We let go and I just looked up at him and he looked down at me and we just stared at each other and I cringed at the feelings of his hands travelling up and down the sides of my body. “I missed you” he whispered and licked his bottom lip, fuck me. “I missed you too” I said putting one hand around the back of my neck and look up at him smiling. We were just in this wired world where it was almost as if both of us were under a spell and really had no words but were filled with so much to say but we couldn’t say it because we were both too mesmerised by each other to say anything. That probably made no sense but that’s what it felt like.