Chapter 33- Past.

Shawn’s POV. 

I wake up to look down and see, a very small beautiful Jasmine. Laying sound asleep in my arms. Every time I look at her, it makes me wonder how could, I even get someone like her, she is amazing, like with that I wouldn’t even be lying. She is every thing you would want, sweet, can be a little shy, cuddly, beautiful, out going, funny. 

I think I’m in love with her, scratch that, I don’t think. I know, I am in love with Jasmine Espinosa. But does she feel the same?

I quit getting lost in my thoughts when I suddenly feel Jasmine shaking, in my arms. I pulled her in close. “Shhhh, Jasmine, it’s ok” I said putting my hand on the side of her face and lightly stroke her cheek. She was shaking uncontrollably, I was getting worried, she has never done anything like this before. Was she having a bad dream? I suddenly jumped as Jasmine sat up quickly, and making a sound as if she was gasping for air. I looked at her with the most worried face and she just looked at me and looked down and started to get up and leave. I pulled her wrist and pulled her back down with me, “Your ok now!” I said pulling her head to my chest. She sat up quickly and looked at me wired “I know!” she said bluntly and got up again. “Jasmine, what just happened?” I said coming off more demanding than I’d like it to of come out. She looked at me and forwarded her eyebrows together, “Nothing. Nothing happened ok.” she said and stormed off into the bathroom. 

Why did she just do that I didn’t do anything but be a good boyfriend, right? Why was she acting so wired?

Jasmine’s POV. 

I walked into the bathroom and locked the door. I don’t know why I just got angry at Shawn, I shouldn’t of, he was just being a good boyfriend. I was just shaken up about what happened. I haven’t had dream like that in forever, and now they have come back, finally when my life is doing ok. 

So here’s the thing, you know how, I have a horrible past. Well my dreams have something to do with it. You see, my very first ever relationship I had with a boy was in grade 9, he was a swimmer and swam on the school swim team. He was nice and a great boyfriend, that was all until one awful day when I was with him at the pool watching him swim. I was stupid enough to tell him that he was doing the breathe stroke wrong, he flipped. He got out of the pool and starting yelling at me, telling me that I was wrong and useless and knew nothing and to never correct him again. He slapped me, kicked one foot so that I fell to the ground, he grabbed my hair and pushed my head in the water. He put it in for thirty seconds and take it out again and yell, “You worthless bitch, you know nothing” and dunk my head in again. He would do it continuously until I was on the verge of death. He left me there in the cold, in the dark and the weakest I have ever been. I crawled up into a ball and cried. It was the worst day of my life. He didn’t talk to me once for the rest of my schooling life I had with him. I didn’t even know that he was such a cold hearted person, and I cared for him. 

Ever since that day for 2 years I would have this wired dream, it’s the same every time. I’m in this water just floating, I was relaxed and fine and still. Until I get to the top and gasp for air and then someone pushes me back down again, I can’t breathe. When I’m just about to die, I wake up. The worst part about them is that, I feel the pain every time. It only hurts more, with every dream I have. 

They only people I have ever told is my brother, Cameron, and Niki. My parents ended up finding out because I would wake up screaming every night. I told Cameron last year, I don’t know exactly why I told him, I just did, I felt like I could trust him. He helped me get through all the nightmares. And when my dad died, they only got worse and Cameron was always by my side. 

I wanted to tell Shawn, I really did, but I didn’t know how too. It gets hard to talk about you see, I get worked up and cry every time I talk about it, and I hate crying, I hate the feeling of feeling weak and fragile. 

Shawn’s POV. 

“Dude, she’s been in there for half an hour, why isn’t she out?” Aaron asked worried. I was pacing back and forth. What was going on? Was I missing something? I didn't know what to do so I called Niki, Taylah and Matt to come help. While waiting for them I put my head on the door. “Jasmine, are you ok?” I said worried out of my freaking mind, I wait for an answer but no answer. “Jaz, come out, please” I yell, she doesn’t answer again. I was getting worried, Did she hurt herself? Was she hurt? I was freaking out and didn’t even realise I had started crying.

Matt barged in the door, with Taylah and Niki following behind. “Where is she, is she ok?” Matt said looking around. I was too hysterical to even speck, Niki came over and comforted me “She’s in the bathroom, she been in the shower for half an hour, and hasn’t said anything” Aaron explained for me. Thanks bud. 

Matt didn’t even hesitate to kick down the door and barge in. He shortly after came out of the bathroom holding Jasmine who was now wrapped in a towel, and crying. She looked like she was in a different dimension and couldn’t understand anything. 

Matt laid her on a bed and laid beside her, “Jasmine, no one is gonna hurt you, your with me Matt, your brother” he said stoking her face. She slowly looked around and blinked her eyes a couple of times as if she was snapping out of a daze. “What happened?” she asked sounding shaken in her voice. “You had a bad dream, went into the shower and was frozen, but your ok now” I looked down at her smiling. She smiled back “Ok, I-I’m sorry” she said apologetically to everyone. Everyone gave her a reassuring nod and smile and all headed their separate ways. 

“Ok, you gonna be alright?” Niki said smiling and grabbing Jaz’s hand, Jasmine smiled and nodded, and Niki walked out of the room with Taylah. I look at her, “Do you wanna talk about it?” I asked, “No, not really” she said and smiled “I’m sorry” she added. “Don’t be, I understand” I said even though I was a bit disappointed. 

Matt and Jasmine got up and walked to the door, they were having a conversation, that I couldn’t quite hear, but it sounded serious. I just tired to put on a happy face and just let Jasmine sort this whole thing out and if she needs me, I will be there. 

Jasmine’s POV. 

Matt and I walked to the door. “Are you gonna be ok?” he asked grabbing my hands, I nodded, “I’m sorry Matt” I said, “Hey no, don’t you dare be sorry, for what that asshole did to you that is unforgivable, that he has scared you for life” he said to me getting frustrated. “Calm down, I’m fine” I said widening my eyes, “You need Cam don’t you?” he asked. I nodded ashamed. “Talk to him about it, he is the only one that gets you through it” he said squeezing my hands tightly. I nodded again “Ok”. “Alright I’m gonna go” he said, I  hugged him and we said our goodbyes. 

A/N I’m sorry guys it was kinda a sad chapter, but it’s only opening up doors ok, so don't go and hate. Even though haters motivate, still don’t do it. PLEASE. haha anyway, I hope you guys liked it. And sorry for the constant POV change I just had to make you guys see both Shawn and Jasmine’s reaction to the occurrence. Yeah anyway. I would love some comments for my next update. That would be wicked cool. Also vote, share and follow me on Instagram, jasmine_sw that would be awesome too.