Chapter 37- Doing Ok, Or.....

Jasmine’s POV. 

It’s been about 3 weeks since we first came home from the last Magcon. We asked Bart if we could take a few weeks off and just concentrate on family and school. He was understanding and said he was surprised we didn’t ask sooner. I know what your thinking, that sounds lame as fuck. 

It really isn’t, you never really take the time to enjoy life being a teenager when you have to go from state to state and meet new people constantly. It’s really hard, and sometimes it feels as if, it never stops going it’s just you always being on the go and doing this all the time. 

They have had one event since, that we haven’t gone too. It looked like it was heaps of fun, but I’m glad I’m spending the time with my mum and Emma. 

I never really stop and appreciate my mum and all she has done for Matt and I, because without her none of this would be possible. She has gone through so much these past 2 years and I have never really thought about how hard this must be for mum. I love my mum with every part of my heart that it pains me and I seem to just forget about her sometimes. Like I said everything gets too hard to keep up with. 

I was just going through some of the pictures on my bed of mum, Matt, dad and I before Emma was born and just smiled at all the ever lasting memories. I was slowly snapped out of my daze when the most painful ache in my chest ricochets throughout my whole body, I was unsure of the pain I felt when it hit me. Seeing all these pictures of dad for one spilt second I though he was still here. But then as soon as I picked up the picture of us at his funeral it all came flooding back, almost as if all the pain I felt whilst getting over my dads death all came at once and I felt my poor little fragile heart break again. 

I suddenly felt a rush of sadness and sorrow and started to weep. I miss my dad, a lot. A lot more then I should. 

I heard the creak of my door being opened and soon I was being wrapped up in someone’s arms. I looked up into my mum’s deep brown eyes as she cradled me “Shh shh, it’s ok” she would repetitively say whilst holding me in her arms and stroking my head. After about 20 minutes of my mum comforting me, I finally calmed down. I looked up at her again, parting my head from my mum’s chest. 

“Was it a bad dream?” She asked worriedly, I shock my head no. She looked at me confused until she saw me looking down at a picture of dad and she finally realised. She manoeuvred herself so that she was facing me properly, she grabbed my face and wiped away the tears of mascara streaming down my face, “Look honey, I miss him too, so much. But I know he is looking over us and he would be so proud of you and Matt and what you have been able to do for others. He is gone because that must of been his time left on earth. He has gone to a better more safer place now and we just all have to learn to except it, there is no use crying over it. What’s done is done, we have to learn to move on and just take life one step at a time, don’t worry about what happen yesterday live today as if you will die tomorrow, I love you sweetheart more then you can even imagine. Everything’s going to be ok.” she explained to me shortly pulling me into a hug. 

Geez well, I know where Matt gets his inspiring words from “live simply, so others can simply live” 

“I love you mum” I said squeezing her tighter, “I love you too” She said, before Matt came into my room we both ignored him as he came over to us “Can I join?” he asked, he looked like he heard everything that was going on. Mum gestured for him to come lay down and we all three just laid there for about half an hour enjoying each others company and just being a family. Emma ended up coming in after Matt because Dora finished and she wanted to be with us so she climbed into the hug as well.