Does Your Mother Know?

Frida greeted the social worker, the lady began to observe everything around her, at least the room was impeccable and began to write in her notebook without saying anything, Benny and Frida looked at each other and she squeezed his hand.

Worker: how many children do you have?

Benny: eight.

Worker: how many of them live here?

Benny: only the four little ones but the others always come and have bedrooms here.

The worker continued writing while walking around the room. Göran didn't stop moving and running all over the place but Frida knew that she couldn't do anything with that. Then, they continued to the main dining room, and as always the lady didn't stop writing, then they went to the kitchen, she began to check each corner, opened the refrigerator to see what conditions were and what they ate, then checked the pantry, put her notebook on top of the kitchen island and filled the squares with asterisk. Benny and Frida just looked at each other, dead with nerves.

The girls began to cry and Frida couldn't ignore them anymore, she apologized to the lady and went out to see what happened, Fer didn't stop crying and so she carried her to see if she could calm her, she settled into the arms of her mother and Frida kissed her little head and returned with her to the yard where the lady and Benny were checking the area.

Worker: how do you have children and a pool?

Frida: this area remains closed unless we are here.

At that moment Göran ran out and pretended to go straight to the pool, when Frida saw him it almost stopped her heart from being scared and Benny quickly took him in his arms, Frida felt a relief and felt the pressure of the social worker that seemed like a typewriter.

Benny: Dad has told you that you can not be near the pool alone.

Göran: dad, pool...

They went back into the house and Benny made sure to close the door, they went to the family room and it was full of playgrounds, it was the room that had the most mess, Pau and Ash were with Lise-Lotte and Heléne while they played.

The worker began to observe the whole place and make a scan, Benny put his hand around Frida's waist and kissed her head, he knew that she was very anxious to have that visit, she wanted everything to go well.

They went to the rooms, they showed them everything, the bathrooms, the children's bedrooms, where Ludvig would sleep, also the rooms of the older children and the rest of the house, Frida tried to make everything perfect but felt great pressure.

After the social worker left they breathed again, they set the appointment for the interview and also the date they will coexist with Ludvig before the adoption. After how agitated they were sitting back exhausted, they took each other's hands and Frida snuggled into Benny's arms.

Frida: and if she doesn't like us?

Benny: it's impossible, you did it right! Don't worry.

Frida started to cry for no reason, she only knew that she wanted to do it, Benny tried to comfort her but she didn't stop crying.

Benny: What's the matter, my love?

Frida: I don't know.

Benny: do you want to go out tonight?

Frida: what? where?

Benny: I don't know, wherever you want!

Frida: I don't know, maybe yes.

Benny: I'll call Agnetha and Björn in case they want to go.