|The Cold Hearted King|~ Bonus Chapter~

Xander POV.
Unedited.

Elephant Island, Antarctica
The Far Southern Kingdom.

I'm Shattered. Just like the old fashioned glass of whiskey that I just through into my Palace thick brick walls.

I'm Hurting. Constantly searching for ways to end this never ending cycle of unbearable pain, I'm trying my hardest to fill the void that I've been feeling for over a century.

I'm Broken. Beyond damaged and officially marked as irreparable. No one can fix this. No one can fix me!

I'm a lost cause and no one could do anything to fix it.

I was under the impression that Claire could help me. In all honesty, I believed that she somehow managed to fix the shattered pieces of me and maybe in some ways she did. Her defiant and brave nature has awakened a more genuine side of me that I've long buried.

Her gentle touch was all I needed to bring my humanity back to life. Her clever and stubborn nature drove my monster crazy. She made me feel emotions again, for the first time in over a century. Claire was the cure to flip my humanity switch back on.

She fixed me only to break me. Not intentionally of course, she would never do that. She will never intentionally hurt me.

Claire can't control who her mother is.

She can't control the fact that I was the idiot that allowed her mother soft touch slip through my fingers. It's my fault. That's exactly why I'm sitting here, in my frozen Palace drowning down my sorrows and then shattering the glass shortly after.

She can't control that I'm a waste of life. She doesn't even have the slightest clue that I'm this weak, that I am a wreck. She loved me for of all my flaws, just like her mother before her.

You know what they say right! Like mother, like daughter! Fuck, I hate my life.

I can feel myself sinking back into the darkness, burying my true nature underground and my humanity slowly but surely slipping away. I want to give in.

I want to unleash further hell onto this wasteland of a earth. I want to burn down cities, take my fill of whoever and whatever blood, and make others feel the pain that I feel. As fun as that may sound I can't and will not allow that to happen.

See, that's my problem I'm miserable and we all know that misery loves company. My biggest issue is I refuse to make Claire my miserable companion because that is exactly what will happen if I allow my humanity to slip. She will be miserable and that out of the fucking question.

Losing my humanity won't do anyone any good, especially her. In fact, it just may make things ten times worse. The world is already in complete chaos. The Hunter's, Werewolves, and Lycans have all teamed up to come against us Kings.

On top of that, Vampire Kingdoms are spiraling out of control. Starting with non-stopped Riots and the free the council bullshit campaigns, not to mention, the human death count is sky rocketing by the day. Which, I wouldn't give two shit about if it wasn't for Claire. Fuck, I'm officially going crazy.

All of it is too much. I just fucking can't. I'm battling with myself, with my inner demon.

My people need me. Nicklaus and Claire need me. The other King's need me. Every fucking body needs me but whom the fuck can I run to in my time of need? Who the fuck can I run to when I feel my control altering? Who can I run to when times get hard? You know who?

No fucking body!

Not ever since she disappeared of the face of this dreadful earth. Isabella, my love! My heart! My wrenching soul! My reason to fucking exists. Ever since, she left I've been under the influence of pain and been dealing with venous rage. She meant so much to me, but all of that is nothing but history and painful memories. I haven't been the same ever since.