|47|~The Wilde Wolf~

Claire Pov & Embry in media. 

My green eyes lock with someone's hazel eyes. It's a she-wolf, judging by her now highlighted yellow eyes, or more like bright gold. She's also the source of the damp earth and wildflower scent, which is way more potent inside the room.

I lock the door just in time to stop King Cyrus from opening it, even though I know that won't stop him as he's already slamming his body into the door.

Why is he acting like that? Who is she?

"Who are you?" she asks me the same thing I was thinking. "You smell like their king."

I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult, but judging by the frown plastered on her face, I'm guessing the latter one.

I raise my eyebrow in response. "You smell like a flower tossed in the dirt. But hey, I'm not judging."

She smiles. "I have never met a sarcastic human before, but then again, I haven't met that many humans."

"I get that a lot."

King Cyrus finally bursts into the room, knocking the hinges off the door in the process. Typical vampire. Xander and Mr. Meany walk right in beside him. The cute little she-wolf's eyes are fixed on King Cyrus. I know that look. That's the same look that Jadis gives King Cornelius.

Interesting.

"It's not safe for you in here, Claire," says Xander. "You shouldn't be roaming where the wild things are."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" snarls King Cyrus, making this situation even more interesting.

"You know exactly what the fuck I mean. Claire is too valuable to be placed in a room with the untamed and untrained."

"Fuck you," spits King Cyrus, his eyes now bleeding red. "You would know all about the untamed and untrained, wouldn't you? All hail the Cold-hearted King that fell in love with the lycans human  who—"

Xander is in front of King Cyrus before he could finish his sentence. He smashes him into the wall with a loud bang, his eyes are scarlet.

This is déjà vu. I'm starting to realize that none of the kings can be together in one place for more than five minutes without trying to kill one another.

Cyrus's hand wraps around Xander's neck, and he flips him into the wall. The two start to wrestle, fangs bared and muscles flexing.

Honestly, watching them wrestle like two human boys is kind of entertaining, but I can tell you one thing: It is way less frightening than Xander and Nicklaus's fight earlier today.

Now that I'm thinking about it, what the hell happened with that whole situation anyway? I remember them fighting, then it went blank. I remember the feel of Nicklaus feeding off me before it went blank again. I think I'll remember the feeling of Nicklaus taking my blood even if I was in a coma. It's that good.

Noise from the left side of me forces my attention back to the two kings behaving like peasants. Mr. Meany places a protective hand on my shoulder while staring at the little she-wolf.

I don't understand why they are acting like this. First of all, I'm a slave, nothing more and nothing less. Well, I'm Nicklaus's slave beloved, but I highly doubt Mr. Meany knows about that. Secondly, the she-wolf looks as if she is damn near about to piss in her pants instead of attacking me.

The only thing wild about her is her beauty. She has a tiny frame, and she's gorgeous and tall, maybe around 5'10 or 5'11. I'm starting to believe it is the average height of most she-wolves. They all look like supermodels, or how I imagine a supermodel should look. Put it like this: If they were humans, they would have no problem being selected as a chosen, especially her. She has waist-length dark-brown hair and a face of a porcelain doll. Her hazel eyes are brilliant and familiar. She looks wild and exotic but also soft and delicate.