~The King Of All Vampire Kings~

Book 1 of The Awakening Series

Cover by: alexandramar1e

In 2081 an unexpected war plagued the world, changing human lives forever. "The Awakening," as what the media called it, is the act of the vampire species coming into awareness of the Mortal Realm.  Armies from allcontinents were defeated. World leaders were publicly executed. The human species was near the brink of extinction.  After the Awakening, any human that survived could only pray for death. All their rights were stripped away and lost forever. Seven vampire kings claimed each continent as one of their own.

The Seven Kings of the World

North America is ruled by King Cyrus, a ruthless king that shows no mercy. He is known for his wicked ways and knowledge of various methods of torture.

South America is ruled by King Luscious, a savage king that despises the human race. He is known for his barbaric, reckless nature. No human stands a chance in his kingdom. For him, they are nothing but mere cattle, or lamb to feast on.

Europe is ruled by King Marcellus, a malicious king that enjoys the sound of humans screaming. He is known for his mischievous ways and hosting a series of sick games. He promises humans that if they are somehow able to defeat the odds and win, they will be set free of bondage—well, free until they take their last breath. No human has ever survived the games to see that day.

Africa is ruled by King Seneca, a violent but quick-witted king. He is known for breaking humans physically and mentally. He starts with mental torture, disturbing every inch of their minds by turning their worst fears into reality. He is always successful in driving his humans to the brink of insanity until they beg him to end their lives.

Asia is ruled by King Rufus, a short-tempered king. He demonstrates little to no patience with humans. His bark is as big as his bite. Humans barely inhabit his kingdom because only a few are able to survive.

Australia is ruled by King Cornelius, a dominant and sadistic king. He's known for forcing humans into submission in the most sexually painful ways they could ever imagine. Only masochist ones survive in his kingdom— the land of the breeders, the official birthplace of all humans who are born after the Awakening.

Antarctica is ruled by King Xander, a cold-hearted king. He is known for his unsympathetic and unloving nature. He is the executor of humans, only existing for one purpose, and that is to drain them of every ounce of their blood. His kingdom is the final resting place of millions of souls.

I'm a human who prays every day and night for my eighteenth birthday. That's the day when I will finally escape this hellhole I live in, where death would be better than having to wake up another day.

I've been hoping and praying to be marked as a "feeder." I'd rather be sent to Antarctica, drained of my blood, than spend another day trapped in this godforsaken world.

My plan is simple: Go to school, do everything possible to piss the leeches off, and be marked as a feeder. It is that simple. Well at least I thought it was, but that funny word called "fate" had other plans.

You see, all the kings who rule over Earth are cruel and calculating, tyrants in their own right. They all answer to one vampire who is known to be the most barbaric of them all. Unfortunately for me, fate decides to say, " Fuck you" and on my eighteenth birthday, I'm marked as his chosen.