|77|~The Chosen One~

Claire POV.
Unedited.

I pace around in the library, pondering over the information Victoria has revealed to me. Each passing second a bright fire pit, of rage courses through my veins.

How could he? No that would be a dumb question? The real question should be why would he? No that would be another dumb question. I know why Nicklaus did what he did.

I know Nicklaus. I know firsthand what he is capable of. But placing Alec in the dungeons because of a little crush is a little overboard.

No killing him would be a little overboard my subconscious speaks up. Shut Up! I mentally tell myself.

Alec means nothing to me. Well, I don't have any feelings for him. At least not, how I care about Nicklaus. But I do care! I don't know why but I feel connected to him as well. I don't know. The point is Nicklaus knows that.

That's exactly why he placed the man in chains in the first place. New Flash! They are all in chains my subconscious speaks again.

Arghhh... Shut up. I snap at myself.

I'm going fucking crazy. My monster doesn't agree with my anger. She thinks it's a waste of time. I'm sure she does because she is a leech!

Now, the human side of me is bothered. Really, really bother about this whole ordeal. Nicklaus shouldn't be able to just throw a person in the dungeon because he feels like it. No one should! Everyone should be granted with some type of chance to explain
themselves. Human and Vampire alike.....

This exactly what I meant....

I can't allow my species to continue to live in chains while I live freely or live in fear. I guess Nicklaus and I shall have this conversation sooner than later. I will not allow it. But I do need to learn more about both species to undo the mess my beloved created in the first place.

My eyes scan over the massive row of the Historical Nonfiction section once again.

The sound of the door opening makes me turn in the direction of the doorway. "Your Highness, What's wrong," Commander Vlad ask me as he comes inside. "I can feel your frustration through our bond."

"Claire!" I snap. How many times do I have to remind him to call me, Claire? And what did you just say to me," I ask, leaning my head over and turning my entire body in his direction. "What do you mean you can feel my emotions through our bond?"

Commander Vlad shuts the door behind him. "The moment you accepted my loyalty I became a part of you. Any vampires that you accept shall be bonded to you. Normally, it takes a while before the bond is sealed, but things are always different when you are concerned," he explains.

"I don't get it. A sealed bond gives any and every one front row seats to my emotions."

"Precisely," he advises. "Well, something of the sort. We can feel what you want us to feel. When you want us to feel it," he explains. "We can communicate with you if you grant us access. Right, now you're like an open book. "

My frustration increases. This is what I mean. I don't know much about what I am. I don't know where I come from, or much about who I come from. How the hell am I supposed to lead two entire species, when I'm completely blind?

My head starts to pound just thinking about it. Suddenly, the weight of the world weighs heavily on my shoulders. Commander Vlad is watching me with a strange expression, most likely trying to understand my sudden mood change. Join the club! So am I. My emotions are all over the place.

Ignoring his concerned stare I ask, "And how long have you been able to feel my emotions?"

"This is the first time that I really been able to feel them," he answers honestly. "King Nicklaus can feel them as well. He has been trying to speak with you but you blocked him out."