|28| ~ Training~

Edited.
Claire POV.

Once King Nicklaus has commanded Mr. Meany and his sidekick to stay here with Nannie, he takes me out of the artsy pad and away from sweet ole Nannie. He's acting like a big, mean fighting machine now, annoying me to no end. I like Nannie, and I like that little artsy pad. I'd much rather be there eating pancakes all day with her instead of training and getting my ass kicked by him.

Nicklaus also forces me to go to the gym. I hate working out. It's never been my thing. Physical education was another epic failure of my time in school. Okay, it's a lie. It really wasn't, but I don't want to train with him. He's the king of all vampire kings. He's scary.

Walking behind King Nicklaus's tall, lean, and muscular frame has me tripping over my own feet. He does stuff like that to me. He makes me feel so nervous.

Oh God, I'm so pathetic. I need to distract myself. Okay, yeah that should work. How about counting to ten? Yeah, that should take my mind off his rock-hard body.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six . . . The number six, just like his sexy, well-defined six-pack . . . I want to run my tongue down it. Oh my God, his abs are on full display! How can I focus when his body is screaming, "Come, lick me."?

"You said that out loud you know," King Nicklaus says with a chuckle, making my face feel like it's been set on fire.

He stops in his tracks and turns to face me. His eyes resemble the deep blue sea. There's a fierce and hungry look on his handsome face.

The air around us shifts, forcefully pulling our bodies into each other, begging us to become one.

Fuck! It's gravity, or maybe it's just my imagination playing tricks on me because that's secretly how I want it to be.

"I asked you before, do you like what you see?" King Nicklaus asks, licking his very scrumptious-looking lips.

I want to taste those lips. They look so rich and appetizing. Uh, what the hell is going on with me? Every time I'm around him I act like a dog in heat. Gee, even when I'm not around him, I still think about him and act like a dog in heat. See? That's not normal. He did something to me.

"You did something to me, didn't you?" I voice my concern out loud.

All I can think about is him. All I see is him, and even when he is not around, I want him. He must have done something.

"I didn't do anything, Claire. What you're experiencing is called a bond, pulling us together. The universe wants us to be together. The universe is pulling you to me. My blood still lingers in your system. It shouldn't last too much longer. You're human."

Wait. Huh?

"What do you mean by your blood being in my system?"

"I fed you my blood when you were too weak to eat," he answers.

He did what?

"You did what?" I ask him, taking a step back in surprise.

"You don't have to ask the same question twice. I can read your mind, remember?" he says. "Once a human is given vampire blood, they may become addicted. It's rare but not unheard of. Typically it happens when a vampire and human form a bond or when a human belongs to a vampire."

"I don't belong to you. I may be your slave, but I'm not an item or anyone's property."

"Oh really? What do you think being a slave is, Claire? You're my chosen, that's why you feel what you feel," he replies, lying through clenched teeth.