|48|~The Battle of Power~

Nicklaus POV

"Also, we have captured the were-b*tch that attacked King Xander, along with two other humans," she tells, stopping me right in my tracks.

"Bring them in," I command.

The moment my men walk in, my chest is ablaze.

The wolf bitch's scent awakes my monster completely. She and some other humans who escaped during the raid on Cyrus's penthouse are shoved inside the tent.

Crimson red bleeds into my vision completely. I can feel Claire's presence inside my mind. My little firecracker has learned how to communicate with me already. It's really no surprise. She has communicated with me before in her dream state, so of course, she knows how to access her bond instantly.

The wolf bitch's eyes glow yellow the moment I come into view. She releases a low growl. Her wolf is present.

Good! I want her wolf to fight for its life.

My fangs descend.

"Welcome back, Mecca."

* * *

Claire's presence is no longer inside my mind. I can still feel her soul attached, but it's more like a ghost of her presence. She's not aware of my actions at the moment. I don't want her to be aware of this side of me.

I close my mind off completely, making sure she can't breakthrough. Commander Ravana throws the dog directly in front of me. Another comrade of mine is holding her in place on a silver leash.

I'm no fool. I know the silver doesn't have any effect on her. She has only been captured because she wanted to. She most likely was under the impression that Claire would be with me.

My crimson red vision zooms in on her two toys—Xander's chosen bitch and the slave boy that was attracted to my beloved, the slave that got away. How great? He can also meet his end once and for all. His face is bloody and his body has numerous fang marks up and down his skin.

The stupid human boy really attempted to fight against my monster, and for what? All in hope of finding my beloved? He can't be that stupid. He should have run far away from here. Now, he will die as a consequence of his stupidity.

I raise my eyebrow once my eyes lock with Xander's chosen bitch. I'm surprised this selfish b*tch would risk her life for the dog's cause. She lowers her eyes in submission. She's not that stupid. She is perfectly aware that I would end her before her frantic heart skips another beat. She'll be a bloody mess drenched in scarlet, from her red hair all the way down to her black combat boots.

I control the urge to laugh in her face. How dare she? The chosen bitch should know better than to bite the hand that feeds her.

I give Commander Ravana the signal to handle her. I may be a monster, but a woman beater is not one of my traits unless you are a wolf bitch. However, they are not human; they are animals. It's a major difference.

They all attempt to break free as the commander draws closer. Ravana's natural hazel eyes flicker violet as she sends her first strike to the bitch's face, easily leaving a purple bruise. Adding to my surprise, the chosen whore doesn't make a sound. Oh, someone is trying to be brave.

I nod and Ravana strikes her again. This time the bitch spits out blood but still holds back her urge to scream. Mecca releases a growl.

I smile in her direction. "Don't worry, doggy. You shall have your time to play."

Her already yellow eyes glow brighter.

"Someone is anxious," I taunt.

She spits at my feet in response. The dog has always been rebellious, stupid, and full of defiance.