|56|~Time is Ticking ~

Unedited.
Nicklaus POV.

Leaving her half-naked in the washroom was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. My penis is still suffering the consequences. Right now it's as hard as a fucking rock. I try my hardest not to run back there and plunge my dick into her sweet-tasting slick folds. This is fucking torture; she is fucking torture—the sweetest kind of torture. I am hooked.

Xander constantly attempted to communicate with me while I was enjoying the amazing view of Claire. I assumed he was cock-blocking. Turns out he wasn't. The doctor found something interesting in Claire's blood samples. Hopefully, we can finally get some answers.

Doctor Regus usually treats vampires in New York City. I didn't think it was the best route to bring an outsider into our situation, and neither did Xander. Count Cloven was the one to have actually persuaded me to get him involved. He pointed out several times that Claire's heart barely beats. Now it is even sometimes hard for my sensitive ears to pick up on it.

I need to figure out what's going on with Claire as soon as possible. We still have to deal with the summons, and I need reassurance that she is healthy before we travel to Romania. Time is ticking, and I know my father will hunt us down if we don't make it there by the end of the week. He will hunt us to the ends of the earth if that's what it takes. He is a dick.

I'm still agitated that my father and the shithole of a council even had the nerve to summon me like I'm just some typical commoner. Hell, I'm their fucking king, if you want to be technical. The only reason I'm entertaining the summons is that Claire's name is listed on the document. As king of all kings, I'm the only person who can say "fuck the summons, I'm not coming." Claire and the other kings on the other hand cannot. My beloved will be killed on site for not presenting herself, and the other kings can be punished too. I'll never let that happen. They are all my brothers. I refuse to allow my father to place his hands on any of them.

Fuck, I hate that man with a passion.

I walk past my men who are standing at my oakwood office door, not them sparing a single glance. The doctor is sitting at the end of the table, fidgeting with his grown. . It's quite clear that he is nervous. Xander, Marcellus, and Cloven are already sitting and are having a casual conversation.

It pains me that Cyrus is not here to figure this out alongside me. Things got pretty bloody between us last night, and in all honesty, I can't blame him. If he tried to take out Claire, he would be dead. I don't care how many centuries we have known each other and how close we are. Claire comes before everybody, so it's completely understandable that Cyrus feels the same way about Embry. Her wolf has every right to hate me. I just couldn't allow her to accidentally hurt my beloved during her deranged state.

Embry may be a sweet human, but a wolf is a wolf. They will kill with no mercy, especially when their wolf takes over. That was just a chance I wasn't willing to take. Claire is too important.

The others continued to converse until I take my seat. Xander's unemotional gaze falls onto me. He's waiting for me to dismiss the others, or more like Marcellus, which I am not going to do. He is going to find out the truth sooner than later, so fuck it. I will no longer hide who Claire is to me. I am ashamed of nothing. My beloved is the future queen, whether they like it or not. No one can stop it. She will make a way better queen than any of the respected bloodline ladies. Anyone who disagrees can fuck off, and die.

I place a timer down on the table.

"You have ten minutes to explain what you have found," I tell the doctor, starting the timer.

Marcellus snickers underneath his breath, and the others' attention is on the doctor.

Doctor Regus gulps.