|10|~No Choice~

Claire POV.
Edited.

A beautiful vampire woman in a tight, stylish black lace and silk dress walks in—a naked human chained to a leash is crawling behind her. The dress is short in the front, revealing her long slender legs and trails to the floor in the back, glorifying her curvy frame with every step she takes.

Her bleach-blond hair is pinned into a tight, high bun, not a single hair is out of place. Her hips sway as she walks in, and her light-blue eyes shine brightly as they center on him.

I have no doubt in my mind what or who she is to him. One look says it all. She is his beloved.

Her cheeks catch on fire. She throws her human leash on the floor as she crosses the room in inhuman speed to embrace him.

His body stiffens slightly before he responds to her by embracing and wrapping his arms around her.

She wastes no time capturing his lips with her own. He responds to her kiss instantly, nibbling on her bottom lip with his fangs. She sticks her tongue down the back of his throat, deep enough that I'm sure if he wasn't a vampire, he would've choked. They suck each other's faces, completely disregarding the fact that I'm currently locked in place behind him.

I wrinkle my nose in disgust as their intimate moment stirs some unknown emotions inside me. My chest starts to burn, and without thinking, I pound on his stone-hard back. I then start wiggling myself from side to side, attempting to break free.

"Get off of me, you blood-sucking leech," I scream, throwing a tantrum like a seven-year-old child.

I don't know what's gotten into me. I don't even know why I'm so mad, but the burning sensation stirring within me clouds my better judgment.

I feel his body go dangerously still.

Her eyes flash bright red, acknowledging my presence for the very first time since she stepped into the room. I soon realize my error. Disrespecting him or their kind is a crime punishable by death—a crime that I've already committed once when I spat in his face.

The fact that his beloved now bears witness to my treason put me in deep shit.

Seconds after her eyes land in my direction, she leaps over him with fangs bared, ready to end my life. Surprisingly, he shoves his beloved, gentle enough not to cause her harm, but hard enough to send her stumbling back.

His muscles flex as he crouches slightly in front of me, shoulders crammed, full of tension. His back still presses against my frame, holding me in place.

His beloved hits the table, and light snickering can be heard from the other end of it.

I can see King Cyrus barely able to hold back his laughter, while both human girls watch the scene with wide eyes.

I can't blame them. It's not like you see vampires protecting humans on an everyday basis. It's unheard of.

"What the hell, Nicklaus!" she screams out in utter shock.

King Nicklaus doesn't even flinch.

"You will not touch my property without my permission," he growls low, his tone more than a warning.

I'm frozen in place.

"That filthy thing disrespected you," she says, her voice rising and eyes glowing brighter with every word. "She disrespected our kind. She's . . . a human!" Her face is bright red as she screams. She studies his expression, eyes quickly searching his face.

I can tell she's trying to understand what just happened. We all are. Besides, King Cyrus, who is currently rolling over with laughter. He's damn near losing his mind.