|62|~Timeless Night ~

The Full Mature Version of Chapter 62 can be found in The Awakening Series Private Chapters.

Nicklaus POV.
Unedited.

Judging by the position of the moon it's a few hours before dawn.

We are now in my safe house. The Lycan beast king, queen, princess, and a few of their Lycan guards are all present. They are sitting in chairs on the left side of my office desk. The Mutt Beta Rendell and a few of the Northern Pack members are present as well, sitting in chairs on the right side of my office. The Northern Alpha and the rest of his pack are long gone, taking the wolf bitch Luna with him.

No matter, how many times my beloved speaks of peace the backstabbing wolf bitch will never walk freely in my home. Besides, she needed to see a healer and I refused to be the one who helps lick her wounds. Cloven, Marcellus and Commander Vlad are also, present. Xander refused to sit in the same room with The Beast King and I honestly cannot blame him.

The others are standing behind Claire and me, just in case one of these fools decides to attack. I am sitting at the head of the table and my beloved is sitting to my left, exactly where she belongs. The tension in the room is thick enough to cut it with a knife.

The negotiations to form a treaty that we Vampires, Werewolves, and Lycans shall agree upon have taken over a couple of hours. Every time we come close to an agreement. One of us finds a reason to disagree. Every one of us is looking out for our own species best interest, as we should.

Let's face it, the Lycans or Werewolves will never be on the same accord as Vampires because they are and will always be beneath us.

For some strange reason, Claire disagrees. She really feels like we can all co-exist and is handling this situation with ease. She has listened to both sides with great interest, evaluated each lesser document like she has been educated in the studies of the governor, and added in an unbiased opinion here and there. She is certainly meant to rule.

How have I ever been so blind? I should've mated with her the very first moment we met.

Cloven will stay in the Northern Kingdom to make sure the treaty falls through. If we can ever come to some sort of an agreement, that is.

Right, now! It doesn't look so good, the hatred and damage between our species run deep. Centuries worth of the bloody-violence type of deep I'm unsure if my beloved could write our wrongs in one night. No, matter how powerful she is.

Count Cloven is also, speaking on the behalf of us vampires. Apparently, my beloved believes that I don't know how to cordially communicate.

She said and I quote, "Nicklaus, please remain quiet. Cloven should speak on behalf of the vampires because you really don't know what to say out of your mouth. Oh, and one more thing Nicklaus," said Claire right before we walked into the room. "Please try not to read their thoughts. No good will come from it."

Could you believe that? My beloved believes Cloven can handle this situation better than me and that I don't know what to say out of my mouth. Me! She basically stated that I am incapable of demonstrating simple dialogue, without causing confusion.

I laugh to myself just thinking about it. She was right, especially her concern about me reading their thoughts. It's becoming harder and harder for me to remain in control.

My patience is running thin. The mutt Beta and Lycan King sexual interest in my beloved is driving me crazy. The both of them have been thinking about claiming her as their own since we stepped into the room. On top of that, Claire is still a bloody mess. Her war wounds barely healed, even after I've given her some of my blood.