|74|~The Storm~

Unedited.
Claire POV.

Hey Loves if you read this Chapter on Inkitt. You May Want to read again.*Wink*

The raw and intense power within me continues to hum with every step I take.

King Luscious watches me closely like I'm some sort of animal or his prey. The crazy part of it all is that he is my prey. I'm the more dominant species. He says I have balls.

No! He is the one who has balls and I'll be more than happy to rip them out of its socket.

He's already annoying smirk deepens. Annoying me more, if that's even possible. What is it with these Kings always trying to get under my skin? I can feel his monster brewing within him. Good because so is mine.

One strong hand gently grips onto my forearm, bringing blistering fire to my skin.

"Claire," Nicklaus silky voice enters my mind, as he holds me back. How does he move so fast?

"Don't feed into his game."

"What game?" I question him. This is not a game. The power rippling through me is not a game. I am not to be played with"

"No you're not, firecracker," responds my beloved. "You are a Queen. You don't have to fight with any of those men, leave the violence up to me."

Look who's talking? "I am not that type of Queen, just like you're not that type of King," I remind him. "Allow me to deal with this on my own."

"I'll never allow you to deal with anything on your own. Never!"

"You will with this one," I snap, snatching my arm away from Nicklaus and closing my mind off completely. He grinds his teeth, but he doesn't stop me again. However, he does follow behind me angrily.

I know he wants to protect me but I can protect myself. None of them put fear in my heart.

I'm not the type of girl that they can shove around, restrain, or smack around without expecting to be smacked the hell back. I've never been that person and never will be.

If King Luscious is surprised about Nicklaus standing down he doesn't show it. He just continues to silently watch me approach him with a smirk. I'm starting to really hate that smirk.

I really want to knock it off his face. See. Nicklaus is right about one thing. King Luscious is certainly playing games.

A dangerous game. He believes I'm weak. He believes I'm some sort of damsel in distress, not worthy enough to be called Queen. This creep has no idea who he is dealing with. It's actually quite funny, if you think about it.

I can feel Nicklaus soul-snatching eyes burning holes into my back. Well everyone inside of this room eyes minds will spit laser-orbs through me. The way they are all watching me. Anticipating on what's to come.

"Now what did you say to me," I approach King Luscious.

"You heard what I said half-breed," he angrily spits. Nicklaus shakes the table with his growl, but Luscious ignores him. "I will not bend the knee, bow before you, or follow you blindly."

"You don't have to bend the knee, bow before me, or blindly follow behind me, but you will learn to respect me."

"Respect is earned, not given child," He hisses back with bloody colored eyes, "and you haven't earned shit."

My vision taints red. The dark presence inside of me doesn't like his tone or choice of words one bit.

"Mind your tongue!" screams my beloved, pulling me away and shoving me behind him. My vision is still red. Bright Red! I'm trying my best to keep my composure. I place my attention onto the dark and thick clouds outside of the window. A storm is surely on the horizon.