|4|~ Kings Part 2~

Claire POV.

King Nicklaus releases Jasmine and tosses her back to the floor. Her blood still lingers on his face, trailing down the side of his mouth that is now curled into a smile. He gestures for me to follow through on my promise.

I exhale deeply and pull my underwear down in a hurry, grabbing the tissue with the razor blade in the process.

Following orders from the kind that imprisoned my race is the hardest task for me to complete. I'm not a student that follows the rules. I have been whipped many times because of my stubborn nature. Luckily, the sadistic kings have passed a rule that if a human is whipped before the age of eighteen, they must be healed. If they hadn't passed that rule, I'm pretty sure I would have severe scars all over my body, just like the breeder who raised me.

King Nicklaus nods in approval as his eyes trail over my naked body.

He questions his audience, "What do you guys think?"

I cringe like he can't be serious. They are not going to talk about how I look naked. This is absurd.

The vampire with sun-kissed skin flexes his broad shoulders as he yanks his pet's leash harshly and responds, "I'm not impressed. Don't you already have a blond toy to play with at home?"

His unfamiliar accent deepens and milk-chocolate eyes turn into rich dark chocolate as he demands, "Kill the bitch!"

Yes, kill me please, and get it over with.

Tension rolls through King Nicklaus's frame as he murmurs, "Gwen is not a toy. She is your future queen, Lucious. You will learn to respect her."

So, this is King Luscious of South America? What a joke! Compared to the rest of the kings, he looks like a wimp.

King Nicklaus's eyes rake over my body in pure amusement. His facial expression says it all. He is listening to my thoughts.

Leave it to a vampire king to invade my privacy.

Get out of my head, jerk face, I think, causing him to release a small warning growl.

"Turn around," he barks in my direction.

A huge part of me wants to disobey his command until Jasmine's lifeless body pops into my head.

I follow his command without defiance and yelp in surprise when I'm met by another king standing right in front of me. Icy grey eyes paralyze my movement. Caught off guard, I take a single step back.

He is just as handsome as King Nicklaus. After searching his expression as if I'm his match, I can't help but feel lost in his stare. He trails a single finger down the side of my neck.

"I say you keep her. Any human that has the balls to spit in your face earns my approval."

His voice is just as cold and smooth. Snowflakes cover his well‑kept facial hair that goes perfectly with his dark hair.

"Who are you?" I ask without thinking.

Instead of getting upset like the other vampire kings, he seems to be just as enchanted as me.

"My name is King Xander, but you may call me Xander, brave one," he announces.

I stare at him in shock. His public display of affection is very unusual and unheard of in my world. Could it be that for once the rumors aren't true? Could the King of Antarctica actually be kind-hearted instead of cold‑hearted? That makes no sense.

A dark chuckle interrupts our moment.

"The cold-hearted king is touched by a mere human. I vote for allowing her to participate in the games this year. Xander can sponsor her."