|77|~The Chosen One~

Start from the beginning

You damn right l blocked him out! He's lucky I haven't found his ass and fried him to a crisp by now.

"Where is he?" I ask, turning to face the window where you can see the crashing waves coming down. Right now, I wish I could go adrift lost in the sea, stress and worry free.

"All of the Kings are running over the plan with the security detail," He explains to me. "He shall be in shortly after."

"How long into departure," I ask him.

"Maybe an hour or so," he tells. "Is this what this is about? Are you nervous about the summons?"

I almost die from laughter. Sure I am. My hand starts to fiddle with pendant around my neck. Commander eyes locks on my hand movement.

"Are you sure you're okay," he asks, with caution. Are you sure you okay? I almost snap at him until the library door swings open and the intoxicating scent of fresh burning cedar wood and expressive cologne invades my lungs. I don't need to turn around to know who's coming in.

Xander and Nicklaus scents are quite similar but oddly different. I'll be able to identify their distinctive scents without the sense of smell.

I'll be able to identify their distinctive scents in my sleep. I'm in love with their scent. It's my favorite smell.

"Brave one," calls out Xander as he enters the room. "Your emotions are driving your foolish beloved crazy. What's going on?"

Not really feel like being bothered, I ignore him. Tears threatening to escape as I continue to study the crashing waves. I can feel the heat blazing from Xander and Vlad burning stares. Refusing to allow anyone to see me cry, I hold my tears back and raise my head in Xander direction. "I'm fine," I lie, staring at him without giving away my emotions.

"You're an awful liar," he calls me out. He sees right through me. "Leave us," Xander orders, as he draws closer.

"Your Highness," says Commander Vlad, ignoring Xander directions, only to ask for mines.

I nod my head, signaling that he can leave and he follows my request with no dispute. Look at that! Commander Vlad loyalty really does lie with me, over all.

"His loyalty officially lies with you," Xander's voices my thoughts out loud.

"Yeah, it does," I agree, while slightly opening the window. The sound, smell, and feel of the ocean fresh wind floats inside of the room. We stand in silence for a while, listening to the wind, taking deep breaths of the air, embracing the bight moon, along with the twinkling stars, purplish, and dark bluish sky.

"Claire," he finally speaks. "There is no need for you to continue this charade of acting as if nothing is wrong. I can feel your tornado of emotion spiraling out of controls. What is going on in your pretty little head, brave one?"

What isn't? I sigh. Xander watches me intensely. I know he isn't going to drop it. I know him, just as well as he knows me. In fact, Xander is most likely the only vampire who truly understands me.

With that in mind I ask him, "How can the blind lead the blind?"

Xander silvered grey eyes sparkles to life. "Claire, out of all people is speaking in riddles," he teases. "I wonder where you got that from."

I laugh slightly, and playfully shove his chest. "I learned from the very best leech that the leeches have to offer."

"Damn right you did," he smirks, beautifully. Damn him....And that beautiful smirk of his. "No seriously, brave one. Could you further elaborate? I don't understand your meaning behind your words," replies Xander, sitting down, and patting the seat beside him, indicating that he would like for me to take a seat as well.