Reunion // Joe Walker & Reader

Start from the beginning

"Hey." I smiled and took another sip of my drink.

"Come with me?" He asked. I nodded and he took my hand. As we walked through the house, it felt like one of those college parties. It reminded me of the night we had our first kiss.

We went into a bedroom and he closed the door. He sat down on the edge of the bed. I downed the rest of my drink as I wandered around the room, admiring the decor. 

"You were great tonight."

"Thanks," I said, turning to smile at him. "You were too."

"Thank you."

"You've really gotten better over the years." He laughed and I realized how that sounded. "Not that you used to suck! I just mean you've gotten even better. It'd just been so long since I'd heard you sing."

"It's fine! I know what you meant." He stood up and walked towards me. "I really missed your voice. And you."

I blushed. He was giving me butterflies again. "I missed you too."

"Really?" I just nodded back.

And suddenly his lips were on mine. I kissed him back with even more passion. My hands were holding his neck as his strong arms held our bodies as close together as possible. His tongue slipped into my mouth. The incredible feeling brought me back to when we had first started hooking up. Everything was so full of passion and innocence. We were still in college.

And then I thought about when it became more than just sleeping together. We were graduated but still doing shows. He was the first to admit he had caught feelings, but I had loved him for a while. I was so happy that day. We started dating for real. Everything was so perfect for us.

His mouth left mine to attach to my neck. I let out a soft moan as he sucked hard on the sensitive skin. I felt him smile. His hands moved to pull my tucked in shirt out of the waistband of my pants. His thumbs rubbed soft circles against the exposed skin.

But then I remembered the bad. The late nights out. The ignored phone calls. The terrible fights that lasted days. The passive aggression at rehearsals. And I remembered the other woman.

I pulled back and shoved him off of me. I caught my breath as I fixed my shirt. He was taking heavy sighs as well. I watched the rise and fall of his chest. His hair had been messed up by my delicate fingers. He looked so good.

"What? What's wrong?" He took a step towards me but I took one away from him and my back hit the wall. I hadn't noticed the way my eyes were welling with tears. I was sobering up quickly.

"I can't do this Joe. Not again. I can't put myself through this again." I was shaking my head. His features fell and he looked down at his hands.

"Oh." A hand raised to run through his hair and scratch his head. "Okay. I'm sorry. I don't know why I did that. I guess I just...I don't even know."

I looked at him in pain and I felt everything again. "Do you know how much it broke me?" I asked, my voice timid. He looked up at me again. He shook his head. "I almost didn't agree to go to this homecoming because of you. I was so scared to see you again. I haven't watched any of the Starkid shows that you've been in. I can't do it."

"I'm sorry."

"What you did destroyed me, Joe." He had tears in his eyes now. I could see how truly sorry he was. "But I still loved you. That was why it hurt me so bad. Through it all, I still loved you more than I could fathom. But I couldn't keep putting myself through that anymore. I couldn't stay with you and keep hoping one day you'd wake up and realize that I was enough for you."

"But you were!" He cut me off. He walked closer to me and grabbed my hands. I couldn't get away from him and I wasn't sure I wanted to. "You were more than enough, (y/n)."

"Then why did you do it?"

He sighed and shook his head. "Because I was a fucking idiot?" I laughed. "I was selfish! I didn't know what I was doing or how much it would hurt you. I was young and she was giving me attention that you hadn't been giving me at the time."

He wiped away a tear that fell down my cheek. I let my eyes close.

"And I was always scared you'd leave me," he admitted.

"What?"

"We were fighting so much." He shook his head. "You're so beautiful. I was sure you'd be able to find some other guy way better than me."

"You cheated on me because you were scared I'd cheat on you first?" I asked. "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!"

"I know, I know!" He brushed my hair back as he looked down at me. "I was so stupid. But I'm not that guy anymore."

"How am I supposed to believe you?" I took his hand away from my face and he intertwined our fingers.

"I don't know. I've never forgiven myself for what I did back then and I couldn't imagine hurting you ever again." He kissed the backs of both of my hands. "Please give me another chance."

As I looked up at him, my heart was beating out of my chest. It was a mix of fear, adrenaline, excitement, and love. That fucking love that never wanted to leave.

I stood onto my toes to press my lips to his. I felt him smile against my mouth. His hands moved to the wall on either side of me as mine held his hips. My fingers linked through his belt loops, tugging him closer to me. He laughed as our kisses grew sloppier.