Ask // Brian Holden & Reader

A/N
I think someone asked for some PG-13 BHol a while ago so here this is ! I hope you enjoy !

((do you y'all want less fluff and some stuff with a little more edge ?? lemme know!))
———————

"You're an idiot." I laughed as I walked away from Brian. I felt him shove my shoulder gently.

"Actually, I'm pretty sure that's you, baby!"

I knew it was only a joke, but the nickname still caused a blush to rise on my cheeks. I was glad that I wasn't facing him. "Oh, please."

We continued down the sidewalk. Brian caught up so we were side by side again. We had ended up falling behind everyone else a bit just talking. It was the opening night of A Very Potter Sequel and we were all making our way back to the theater from grabbing lunch.

I felt the back of his hand lightly graze mine. I swallowed and blinked away my thoughts. It was just an accident. I needed to get my emotions in line. I was trying my hardest to not have feelings for my best friend.

"Do you feel ready for tonight?" Brian asked, changing the subject.

"Uh, I think so. What about you?"

"Yeah. I'm nervous, but that's normal."

"You don't need to be nervous, Bri! You're gonna be great. You're perfect as Lupin."

Brian blushed and smiled warmly. "Thanks, (y/n)."

~

The show was nearing its end. I was backstage in some dark wing waiting for my final cue. I was laughing along with the audience at the scene onstage.

"I think it went really well," a voice behind me said. I jumped in surprise. Brian laughed as he stepped closer to me. "Sorry."

"It's fine. And yeah! It was incredible. I'm so happy."

"Me too." I turned to look at him but it was so dark. A bit of light was just barely casting over the left side of his face. I didn't realize how close we were. The intimacy of it caused a shiver down my spine that I tried to ignore. "You were amazing."

"Thank you," I said, blushing. "So were you."

"Thanks." The scene was continuing, but I wasn't watching anymore. I was still looking at Brian. And I could feel his gaze on me. "Um, (y/n)? Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?"

"Are there ever things in your life that you want to do so badly but you're so terrified of the aftermath that you never do it?"

I thought for a moment. My eyes flicked to his lips before quickly meeting his gaze again. "Yeah, sometimes. Why?"

He didn't say anything for a second. His eyes were traveling over my features. "I really want to kiss you." His voice was warm and barely over a whisper. It felt as if he could read mind. I gulped as my heart began racing. I felt a pair of hands take my cheeks and pull me into a kiss. Our lips seemed to melt together effortlessly. My hands found a home clutching his biceps. Everything else seemed to disappear with the bliss.

I was thankful for the privacy as our kisses grew hungrier. I had wanted this for so long and it was finally happening. It seemed as if Brian had been wanting this for a while too. I wished it would never end. His hands moved from my face to my shoulders to my waist. He walked us backwards until I hit the wall. I let out a giggle into his mouth at his eagerness. I could feel him smile against me. I held his face to deepen the kiss even more. It felt as if we couldn't get close enough. His teeth were grazing my bottom lip. My gentle fingers traced his jawline.

Suddenly, I heard the song nearing it's end. Our cue. My stomach dropped. I quickly snapped out of my trance and gently pushed Brian off of me. "Shit," I groaned. I grabbed his hand and pulled him after me onstage. We made it on just in time for no one to notice that anything was up.

~

As the lights went down for the final time and I was walking back offstage, my mind was racing. What did this mean for us? We couldn't just be friends anymore. Were we more? What was our aftermath?

"(Y/n)!" I turned to Brian. We weren't alone in the dark anymore. The rest of the cast and crew were bustling around us. Everyone was going to change out of their costumes. I could hear the audience gushing about the show and leaving their seats. He looked nervous and I didn't blame him. I probably looked the same. "So..."

"So." I repeated. He let out a gentle chuckle as he looked down at his feet. "That was..."

"Yeah..." He was chewing on his lower lip. I thought back to the way that it felt when he was biting mine. "Do you wanna go get some food?"

"I'd like that," I said, trying not to smile too wide.

Brian nodded and gave a happy smile. "Perfect." He pressed a quick kiss to my lips before walking off. I just stood there for a moment trying to process it all.