Ambiance // Joe Walker & Reader

"Surprise!" Joe shouted as he removed his hands from over my eyes. "Happy Anniversary." I looked around at the setup. There was a picnic blanket laid out with a basket and a bottle of wine under a weeping willow. The night sky was illuminated by a full moon and lightning bugs. It was perfect.

"Joe!" I was in awe. I turned to look at my boyfriend. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets, nervously.

"Do you like it?" He asked, smirking.

"Like it? I love it!" I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him tenderly. He led me to sit on the blanket and took out two glasses and filled them with wine. He handed one to me and held his up.

"A toast. To 1 year with the most amazing woman I've ever known." I blushed and clinked my glass with his.

"And, to the greatest love I've ever known," I added. We each took a sip of our drinks and sat underneath the stars.

"Can I show you something?" Joe asked after a while of sitting in a peaceful silence.

"Another surprise?" I asked. Joe just smiled at me and stood up, helping me up after. We walked along a small, hidden path that was lit by candles. We stopped at the bed of a creek. I released my hand from his and walked ahead of him to admire the scenery.

Joe watched in awe at his beautiful girlfriend as his nerves shook his entire being. He took a deep breath and fell to one knee.

"(Y/N)?" Joe's voice was shaky and I turned to him. My eyes widened and my hand covered my mouth in disbelief. "I love you so much. This year with you has been the best of my life, and I want every year to be better than the last. So, will you marry me and be my forever?" I couldn't do anything but nod my head as tears over took me. Joe stood and wrapped his strong arms around my body. My arms slid around his neck and pulled him into a passionate kiss. Our mouths moved in perfect synchronization as I shook in his arms.

"I love you so much," Joe said, pulling away. He brushed some hair from my eyes and I had a huge smile on my face. He grabbed the ring and slid it onto my finger. I admired the simple gem and began catching my breath.

~~~~

Joe fiddled with his keys as I whispered things into his ear. He finally managed to unlock the door and closed it behind us. He grabbed me in a tight embrace, kissing me intensely. I placed my arms around his neck as he snaked his arms around my lower back, pressing our bodies together. I grinded my hips against his slightly causing Joe's breath to hitch. I giggled at his reaction and he picked me up in his arms, carrying me to our bedroom.