Crooked // Joe Walker & Lauren Lopez

"Is it crooked?" Joe asked Lauren. She evaluated the mustache carefully.

"No, you're good," she laughed. He looked ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as she did. "How's my wig?"

"Perfect."

"Thanks."

Joe watched as Lauren fiddled with her belt. He admired how the thin tank top clung to her body and how she bit her lip in concentration. Even with that ridiculous wig on, she looked gorgeous. She looked up and he looked away quickly.

"You wanna practice getting onto my back? We don't want you to fall off like yesterday," Joe joked.

"Hey! Yesterday was your fault! But sure." Joe smiled and squatted. He held out his hand for Lauren and she grabbed it. He swung her onto his knee and then around to his back. Her arms held onto him tightly as he held her legs.

"If you drop me, I'll kill you," Lauren threatened jokingly in her Taz voice.

"Of course, Taz," Joe joked back, in character. He trotted around the room, going around tables and trails carefully. He almost ran into the wall and stopped quickly, throwing Lauren forward.

"Joe!" Lauren screeched, finally breaking character. Joe held her legs tightly to keep her from falling. "Put me down!" He did what she said and she crossed her arms, angrily.

"I'm sorry! That wall came out of nowhere! I swear! It's his fault, not mine." Joe tried to make her laugh but she wouldn't budge. Then, he thought of something that always worked on her. "I'll just make you uncomfortable until you break then."

He walked closer to her until their bodies were practically against each other. She didn't shift one bit but she had a smirk on her face. She was intent to win. Joe took a breath before placing his hands on her waist. He felt her flinch the slightest but she kept her stance. He was becoming nervous as he pulled her small frame against him. Her arms stayed against her chest.

"You're hard to break, Lopez," Joe teased, trying to make this less awkward. He brought his head down towards Lauren's and she dropped her arms. They stood, just staring at each other for a moment before Joe felt a pair of hands on his arms. He looked down and then back at her. He lifted a hand to her chin and she stood on her toes so to connect their lips. Her arms wrapped around Joe's neck and he held her small frame like it was a gift. They pulled away from one another and they each just stared at the other.

"5 minutes, guys," Joey said, poking his head in. They quickly pulled away from one another and said okay. Joey left and they were alone again.

"Um, Joe," Lauren said, quietly.

"Yea?"

"Your mustache is crooked."