Pen Pal // Darren Criss & Reader

A/N
I was recommended by AngelicaNicole62442 to write a Darren Criss one shot and I've had this idea for a while. I hope it's to your liking :))

————

DPotter has logged on

I smiled and opened my messages. I typed a quick greeting to Darren. Right away I got a response

Darren and I had been talking online for almost 3 years. We met through a Harry Potter page. He messaged me to compliment my username. We realized quickly that we had a lot in common. It wasn't long before we were talking almost every day.

DPotter: Hey there! How are you?
HermioneDanger: I'm good :)
          How did it go last night?
DPotter: Great! We're getting really close to opening. I think we're in a pretty good place.
HermioneDanger: That's great!

Darren and his friends from college were currently putting together a Harry Potter musical. It sounded really cool. Apparently Darren was playing Harry Potter and he was writing most of the music.

HermioneDanger: I wish I could go and see it ://
DPotter: Then you should !
HermioneDanger: Really ?
DPotter: Yes!!
          How far of a drive from me are you again?
HermioneDanger: Like 4 hours
DPotter: that's not too bad! If you come to one of the matinees you won't have to be driving late
HermioneDanger: Are you being serious??
DPotter: Yes!

I couldn't believe what Darren was actually suggesting. Of course I wanted to go. I had wanted to meet Darren for as long as we had been talking. I also would love to see him perform. Especially in something about Harry Potter. But I was nervous.

DPotter: I'd love it if you could make it :)
HermioneDanger: Okay
DPotter: Is that a yes??
HermioneDanger: Yes!
DPotter: WOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!
          Sorry about that haha
          I'm just excited to finally meet you!
HermioneDanger: Me too!

————

I parked outside the University of Michigan theater building. Darren had messaged me that a ticket would be under my name at the door. I was suddenly so nervous. I walked inside.

I was surprised by how long of a line there was. I walked past all of the people to get to the box office. I told them my name and, sure enough, they had a ticket for me.

"So, do I just go to the back of that line?"

"Um, that line is actually for the show tonight. You can go ahead into the theater." I stared back at the man in disbelief for a second. Was he being serious? This show must be really good to have such a wait.

I thanked the man. A different guy walked past with a video camera. He was with a girl that was wearing a Gryffindor uniform. I smiled and walked into the theater. Someone helped me to find my seat. I was in the middle of the second row. Darren had gotten me a really good seat. I sat down and pulled out my phone.

HermioneDanger: I'm here :)
DPotter: REALLY?!
HermioneDanger: haha yes!
DPotter: Now im extra nervous
I'm sorry if I suck haha
HermioneDanger: I'm sure you'll be great
Break a leg!
DPotter: Thanks (y/n)
HermioneDanger: of course :)

The lights flickered signaling that the show was about to begin. I turned off my phone and slipped it into my bag. The lights went fully down. I could hear someone walking onto the stage. When the lights came up, a guy was sitting on a trunk in the middle of the stage. I noticed the drawn on scar and glasses. It was Darren.