Waste // Clark Baxtresser & Reader

A/N
2 updates in a row?? Am I on crack??

I'm gonna try a few one-shots that are related to songs because I love writing this way. I hope you enjoy!

((Possible TW))
---------

It was one of those days. The ones that felt like the color grey and heavy fog. I didn't know what time it was, but there was sunlight in my room. I was still in bed. I realized that my phone was ringing on the nightstand. Answering it took me a moment. I wasn't even sure who it was that was calling.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Are you still coming?"

"Coming where?"

"Lunch.." Clark replied, his voice falling. I closed my eyes and let out a rough sigh. "Did you forget?"

"Yeah, I did. I'm so sorry, Clark. I was up pretty late last night and I way overslept."

"Are you still in bed?"

"Um, uh..no!" I was too embarrassed to admit to him the truth, but I was a terrible liar.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, I know how it can be sometimes, (y/n/n)." His mention of it made my throat dry and my skin felt tight. "Is it a low day today?"

I was silent. I wasn't sure my voice would comply if I tried to answer him.

"Do you want me to come over or would you rather be alone?"

"Please come." My reply was fast and thick with emotion.

I heard his gentle giggle on the other end.  "I should be there in about 10 minutes. Okay?"

"Alright. Thank you, Clark."

"Of course, love. I'll see you soon."

I wanted to cry and I wasn't even sure why. I only let two tears fall before forcing myself out of bed and into the bathroom. I needed to wash my face and brush my teeth.

----------

As soon as I had my apartment door open, I wrapped my arms around Clark. It had been a week since I'd gotten to see him. He laughed lightly before pressing a kiss to the top of my head. I realized he wasn't hugging me back and pulled away curiously. One of his hands had a drink carrier with two coffees and the other was holding a bag from where we were supposed to have lunch. I was filled with guilt for standing him up. He stepped in so I could close the door.

"I brought the lunch date to you!" He smiled wide as he set everything down on the counter and pulled out our food. He put the food onto plates and carried it all to my coffee table. I followed him to sit on the couch.

Once I was next to him, he raised a hand to my cheek and pulled me into a kiss. I melted against the feeling. He pulled away with that subtle yet beautiful smile of his.

"Do you want to watch a movie, tv show, youtube, musical, or just sit and talk?"

I considered it for a moment. "Can we watch a movie musical? I don't care which one. You can just pick something from Netflix."

"Sure thing." He took the remote and started to set everything up.

I finally looked at my food. He had gotten me my favorite sandwich. I smiled as I picked it up and took a bite.

He ended up putting on Across the Universe. We enjoyed our food and drinks and cuddled closer as the movie played. Clark sang along every once in a while and it made my heart flutter each time.

I still felt low, but I loved Clark being with me. It was a much-needed distraction. I didn't deserve someone as sweet as him. He did so much for me and I felt like I could never repay him for it all. And he didn't need me to. He never expected anything in return. He was genuine. He wanted to be there for me.

I wished that he didn't have to,though. I'd give anything to be normal and happy all the time. I felt so useless sometimes. Like a burden.

"Get out of your head," his voice was gentle against my ear. He placed a soft kiss to my neck and my thoughts subsided. His next kiss was on my temple.

"Thank you," I replied in a soft tone. He kissed my lips quick once more before we both returned our attention to the movie.