Choreography // Joey Richter & Lauren Lopez

A/N
Hi !! I'm so sorry for how long it's been since my last part. I really put my all into writing my Joshler stuff for a while.
BUT
I'm back with a new part and hopefully ill write a few ! Also,, since my writing has (hopefully) improved I've gotten better at making these longer so that's a good thing. This one was requested almost a year ago lol. It takes place during Spies Are Forever.
((I know that Spies Are Forever is technically a Tin Can Bros show and not Starkid, but still))
-----------

Lauren's POV

I always went to the dance studio early to warm up before rehearsal started. Today I was surprised to see someone else was already there. I stood in the doorway for a moment just watching Joey go over the steps. The way he kept pushing his hair out of his face and biting his lip with concentration was cute.

"Hey," I finally said. He jumped and turned to face me. His eyes were wide and he was blushing.

"How long have you been there?" he asked, placing his hand over his heart.

"Not long," I said. "I'm sorry for scaring you."

"It's okay." Joey rubbed the back of his neck and went over to this bag.

"I didn't realize you'd be here his early."

"I just wanted to get some practice in," he said. He wouldn't look at me.

"Is there a specific part you need help with?"

"You don't have to help me," he said.

"It's kind of my job," I replied, laughing. He finally looked up at me and he was smiling. "Come on! What part is it?"

He explained the part he was having trouble with and we worked on it. I showed him at the normal pace before slowing it down for him. He was getting it better but there was one part he kept having trouble with.

"Shit!" he murmured after messing it up again. He leaned over with his hands on his knees, trying to calm himself down

"Hey, it's okay. Don't be so hard on yourself." I placed a hand on his back. "We all mess up sometimes!"

"You don't."

"Well, I've been dancing my whole life! And I messed up that run too. I did the arms wrong." He stood up straight and pushed his hair out of the way. "Come here," I said, pulling him into a hug. He had to hunch slightly because of our height difference but he hugged me back. He rested his chin on the top of my head. "This is normal, okay? It may take some time, but you're getting it! You've gotten a lot better than when we started. It just takes practice."

I felt him nod and he let me go. He took a band off of his wrist and tied his hair up. "Can we do it again?" he asked. I nodded and went to start the music.

"Now, don't get into your own head this time. Try to be loose." I counted along to the track and we did the combination.

I was watching him behind me in the mirror. He was looking more comfortable in the dance. I held my breath as we got it the step. He did it perfectly.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, turning to face him. I jogged over to him and he hugged me tight. He lifted me off the ground and spun me around.

He kept chanting a mix of, "I did it!" and "Thank you!" As we spun, I giggled and held onto him tightly. He put me down and I couldn't stop laughing. When I finally calmed down, I realized how close we were. I ran a hand through my hair awkwardly. Joey was just smiling down at me.

"See! I told you you could do it!" I held up my hands and we high-fived. When our hands touched, he interlocked our fingers. I didn't know what to do, so I just went with it. I wasn't going to say no to holding hands with Joey.

"Thank you," he repeated. I blushed and looked down at our hands. His felt nice in mine.

"Like I said, it's my job. I knew that you were gonna get it." It felt like Joey was getting closer. He let go of one of my hands and brushed some hair behind my ear. He left his hand on the side of my face. His face was getting closer to mine and I stepped on my tip toes to meet him.

Our lips touched. I'd never believed in the whole "fireworks" thing until this kiss. He let go over my other hands to cup my face. My hands held onto his forearms. He pulled away and I saw that crooked smile of his. I lowered myself back onto my heels and licked my lips.

----------
Hope you guys liked this :))