Sweet Tooth // Jeff Blim & Reader

During Holy Musical B@man dress rehearsal. You're playing a few ensemble roles as well as Candy.

((The scene I mention in this one shot happens at 5:23 in the video))
———

I adjusted my costume for Candy in the mirror. The top was just not fitting me great. I'd have to ask the costume department to adjust it. I always feel bad giving them extra work. There was a knock on the dressing room door and I quickly took my hands away from my chest.

"Come in," I called. The knob turned and the door opened slowly. Jeff peeked his head in. He gave me the elevator eyes and I blushed. He cleared his throat before finally talking.

"Hey, uh, (y/n). Matt sent me to see if you were almost ready. He wants to run the scene when Batman comes to rescue Robin."

"Yeah, I'm just about done. I just need to get my wig on." 

"Ah, I get that," he laughed.

"I I like your wig, though. It's a nice color on you. Also the style is cool! It's like you have cotton candy on your head!"

Jeff laughed before saying, "I like your wig, too."

"Oh jeez my wig makes me look stupid," I laughed.

"No it doesn't! I look dumb in mine!"

"No you don't!"

"Yes I do!" he argued. "But I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I'm sure you'll look great. I'm gonna go ahead back and tell Matt you're coming."

"Okay. Thanks." He left and I laughed to myself. Jeff was a really funny guy. I loved working with him. Playing the Joker/Harley Quinn type duo together was fun. One second we're flirting with candy puns and the next he's screaming at me.

I made it to the stage and we started the scene. All of us villains stood together as Sweet Tooth explained what went into planning Robin's capture. I chewed my gum and watched.

"Not to mention all that money I spent on fucking candy!" he exclaimed.

"But you can do that for free anytime you want," I said, smiling.

He paused for a moment before yelling, "Shut up, you idiot!" He threw the candy he was holding at me. It was supposed to hit my arm and I was gonna react and fall down slightly. Instead, it hit me in the face. I let out a real scream. I looked up at Jeff and he had his hands over his mouth. "I'm so sorry, (y/n)!"

I started laughing. "It's fine, Jeff!" I rubbed my face lightly before clutching my fake gun again. "We can just keep going." Everyone else on stage was either laughing or trying not to. At least this wasn't a real show.

"Thanks, Jeff." Matt was annoyed at us, but he was laughing, too. "Now, just go to the next line and try not to hit anyone."

We continued on with the scene. When Joe got onstage, I exited. I went into one of the rooms to put my gun away. I saw Jeff from behind and walked up to him.

"Next time, try not to hit me directly in the face." I crossed my arms over my chest. He turned to look at me.

"It was an accident!" He seemed actually worried that I was mad, but then he let out a giggle. "I swear it won't happen again."

"It's okay I guess," I said, rolling my eyes. I could hear To Be A Man happening on stage. Everyone, except for me and Jeff, was watching from the wings. "Y'know? It's fun having you yell at me."

"Really?" He gave me a look and I mentally face-palmed.

"That came out a lot weirder than I meant it. I just meant to say that I like working with you."

"I like working with you, too," he replied with a smile. "In fact, I-"

"Fuck youuuuu!" The song ended. It was Jeff's cue to enter.

"Uh," he stuttered, looking back at the stage. "I'll tell you after." He smiled at me one more time before running to get onstage.

I had made my last entrance as Candy, so I had to change costumes. The whole time I was just thinking about what it could've been that Jeff wanted to say.

I put on my super hero costume for the finale. I got to be Power Girl. I had a pair of white boxer-briefs to wear with a white shirt, blue gloves, blue boots, and a cape.

After we finished the dress rehearsal, Matt and Nick asked everyone to sit on the stage. Nick was still catching his breath a bit from that last song. I sat down and Jeff sat next to me. I looked at him and noticed he had some eyeliner smeared around his eyes. He looked good as Aquaman.

"So," I whispered, leaning closer to his ear. "What did you wanna tell me before." He turned to looked at me. Our faces were so close that my breath hitched. I saw his gaze drift between my lips and my eyes.

"I, um, was wondering if you'd want to go out sometime." He gave me a nervous look and I just smiled. "Is that a yes?"

"Yes," I replied. He turned back to pay attention to the notes that Matt and Nick were giving. He had a huge, goofy grin on his face. I sighed and laid my head on Jeff's shoulder.

————
A/N
Another one that's kind of long??
I rewatched Holy Musical B@man and remembered how amazing Jeff Blim is so here ya go