Assistance Please // Joey Richter & Lauren Lopez

A/N
Two updates close together? What a treat!
This one isn't super long, but I think it's super cute. I wrote this while on a car ride. I don't know why, but I always get inspired to write at the weirdest times.

Anyway, enjoy!
—————

Lauren was on her tiptoes, stretching her arms above her head. Her bottom lip was pinched between her teeth in concentration. A small grunt escaped as her hand brushed the cabinet's handle.

"I swear to god this apartment was built for fucking giants," she complained to herself. She sighed and went back on her flat feet. She gave in and decided to ask for help from her boyfriend. "Joey!"

He walked from the bedroom to the kitchen. "What is it, Babe?" He saw where Lauren was and couldn't help but laugh.

"This isn't funny!" she stated, pointing a finger at Joey. "Don't you dare laugh!"

"I'm sorry," he said. He calmed himself down and crossed him arms in front of his chest. "What do you need?"

"Assistance please."

"What do you want me to get down for you?"

"You don't have to get it for me!" She was very insistent. "Just give me a boost."

"A boost?" Joey was still smiling down at her. He found her determination adorable.

"Yes. A boost," she repeated. He shook his head lightly but walked closer to her. He placed his hands firmly on her waist.

"On the count of three, jump." He counted down and she did what he said. He used the force of her jump to lift her up. His arms wrapped around her straight legs. She was face to face with the target. She reached forward and opened the cabinet. She pulled out a box of cereal.

"I got it," she said. He lowered her. When he saw what she was holding, he laughed again.

"That's what you wanted?"

"Yeah," she stated. She didn't see why anything was funny. "Why would you put it back so high up? You know that I live here too!"

Joey had a mischievous look on his face. He just shrugged and leaned against the counter. "I don't know." Lauren's mouth fell open.

"You did that on purpose! You asshole!" She slapped his arm playfully.

"Ow!" he called out through his giggles.

"Stop laughing!" she said despite her own laughs. She kept hitting him lightly. He grabbed one of her wrists to stop her while using his other hand to tickle her. She squealed but he didn't stop. He suddenly picked her up and put her over his shoulder. "Put me down!" she yelled as he carried her out of the kitchen. She kept hitting his butt as they moved.

"That is not for you to hit," Joey stated. Lauren didn't stop until she was moved from his shoulder to the couch. He went back to tickling her right away. She writhed under him to try to escape but he was not going to give up.

She tried to think of a way to distract him. She quickly pressed her lips against his. She slid her tongue across his lips and he stopped. Just as he parted his lips, Lauren pulled away and slipped away. He stated at her in disbelief as she walked back to the kitchen.

"Very clever!" he called to her. She just laughed and went back to making a bowl of cereal.