The First // Darren Criss & Reader

;)

————

Today was the day. I was finally going to do it. Darren was coming over. I hadn't been able to think about anything else all week. I'd been planning it for so long. I just hoped it would go well.

There was a knock on the door. I hurried to open it. On the other side stood my boyfriend, Darren. I let him in, giving him a quick kiss. We went to the living room to sit.

"What's up, baby?" he said.

"Nothing," I answered, looking down. I held onto one of his hands. "Why?"

"I don't know," he laughed. "You just seem kind of nervous."

"I'm not nervous." I rubbed the back of his hand lightly with my thumb. "I'm just happy you're here." He smiled and lowered his head to kiss me.

"I am too." His left arm slipped around my waist. His right hand was holding my jaw as we kissed. I let my hands move over his shoulders and back. I lost sight of my original want. I couldn't think of anything except for how amazing it was to be in his grasp. He pulled away slowly, biting lightly on my bottom lip before giving space.

"Wanna take this somewhere else?" I let my fingers feather through Darren's hair. I knew how much he liked that. He nodded. He helped me to stand from the couch. I led him to my bedroom, pulling him behind me by his arm. I was getting nervous. I didn't want to mess it up. I was so close.

I opened the door and smiled at how dark it was. I let him walk in before me.

"Now!" I yelled, turning on the lights. Suddenly, people popped up and started throwing pies at Darren. I was ducked into the hallway to avoid being hit. I was clutching the doorframe and laughing so hard I thought I might never stop. Once the attack stopped, I walked into the room. I saw how covered Darren was. "April fools!" I said through giggles.

He turned to face me. I didn't like the look he was giving me. He opened his arms and started to walk towards me. "Come here, Babe!" I tried to run away, but he had me in his grasp too quickly. He was sticky and smelled like cherries. It felt disgusting. I was only half regretting the prank, though.

I turned us to see my friends that had helped. Joe Walker, Joey Richter, and Dylan Saunders were all laughing like crazy. I thanked them all for the help.

"How could you all do this to me?" Darren said, giving a fake sad voice.

"It was all (y/n)'s idea!" Joe said. Darren looked down at me. I just shrugged.

"How long were you planning this?"

"Oh, you know. Not long. About a month."

"A month?!" I laughed in response. I took a finger and swiped some whipped cream from his nose. "I'm gonna get you back."

"I'm sure you will."

—————
A/N
Happy April Fools Day !!

I'll be posting a REAL Darren one shot soon :))

Sorry if you thought that this was actually gonna be a sexy one shot. That was kind of the point.