Summer Camp // Joe Walker & Reader

A/N
Say hello to a cute Starkid summer camp AU !

If you happen to read my Joshler stuff, this will feel similar to Down In The Forrest. I have a deep love for stories themed around summer camp so I tend to write them a lot. It's not gonna be the same as DITF though so don't worry !

Also! This is for Starship-Ranger-Taz  who wanted a Joe x Reader story. Hope this is okay !! Sorry it's so long hahaha ((unless you like the longer ones. In that case, you're welcome!))
—————

Today was the first day of summer. I was a bit happier than normal that day. It was the day that I went back to Camp Letts. I had been a counselor there every summer since I stopped being a camper myself. At this point I had become one of the head counselors and had some pretty big roles. It was nice to have a place where I felt important.

My bag had been packed for about a week in anticipation. I carried it out to my car and began my trek. It was a bit of a drive. The view through the mountains was so pretty. I liked it a lot more than messy Chicago.

I finally reached the parking lot of the camp. As soon as I stepped out into the fresh air, I took in a deep breath. A light sigh escaped my lips as I smiled.

I walked right onto the grounds and headed for my cabin. I knew my way around everything. I fell right back into my routines. I knew that I had to meet my fellow counselors. Though a few, like me, always returned, we did have some new faces each summer.

There were in fact new faces. One of the new people drew my attention. He was a guy, most likely around my age, with brown hair and a muscular build. He was making jokes with two other guys. He laughed and it made me smile.

"(Y/n)!" someone said, pulling my attention. I turned to see my friend Meredith. She pulled me into a hug, shaking me. I laughed and hugged her back just as tight.

We were catching up when Karen, the camp director, walked over. "Hello, counselors! I'm so glad to see so many familiar faces! I'm also pleased with how many new people we have joining this year!" She was somehow excited about everything she talked about. I sometimes wondered where she got her energy from.

Karen Smith was 60 years old and had been at Camp Letts for as long as I had. Both of her children had gone here. This year, her first grandchild was going to be a camper. She was 3x my age but also 15x as excited about what she was doing.

"So that this summer goes well, let's start out with a little name learning game! Everyone get in a circle and we'll go around to each of you! Say your name and two facts about you!" We formed a circle on the ground of the mess hall. "(Y/n) can start us out!"

I cleared my throat awkwardly and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "Hello, everyone! I'm (y/n). My two facts are that I am afraid of heights and that I have a passion for musicals." I smiled around the circle at everyone. The person next to me started to speak.

"Hello! I'm Lauren! This is my 2nd year as a counselor and I have two dog babies at home that I miss a lot."

"I'm Brian, I like long walks on the beach, and I own a Superman costume." Everyone laughed a little at that. He winked at Meredith from across the circle. Brian had been a counselor for a few years now. He and Meredith started dating last summer. They were perfect for each other. It was great to see them so happy together.

The next guy to speak had his long hair up in a ponytail. "Hey! I'm Joey. This is my first year as a counselor and Brian is the one who told me about this place."

"Hey, I'm Joe," the cute guy from before said. "I'm friends with Joey and Brian and I'm also here because of Brian." We made eye contact and he smiled. I turned to look at the next person.