Roman x servant!Reader

A/N: The next request from Literal-Mess! Enjoy!

The wind blew your (H/l) (H/c) hair to the side as you stood on the edge of a cliff, staring out over the sea. You perked up when you heard footsteps behind you.

You turned around and saw Prince  Roman, your one true love. Your face turned from curious to sad and angry.

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide

"Please, my love, come back to the castle. We can make this work!" Roman pleaded, his voice clear despite the wind, which was calming down into a gentle breeze.

I know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied

"We can't do this, Roman! You're a prince, I'm a servant! The kingdom would disapprove of our relationship. Our hands are tied, there's nothing we can do." You turned your back on Roman, willing your tears to not fall.

You claim it's not in the cards
But fate is pulling you miles away

"(Y/n), please. I couldn't bear to lose you! Stay here, with me." Roman took a step towards you.

And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart

"Roman, it's better for both of us if we stay apart, if one of us leaves. But you'll always be in my heart." A couple tears rolled down your face, and your forcefully wiped them away with the sleeve of your rags.

So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?

"I know you think we can't do this, but we can! Who cares if anyone disapproves of us? I know we're meant to be!" Roman took another step forward.

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine

"We are supposed to be together, (Y/n)! Just give it time, everyone will eventually agree you were d to be mine." Roman stumbled backwards a few steps as the wind picked up.

Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find

"I want to, Roman, I really do. But don't you remember what happened to the other servant that married Prince William?" You shrunk back bit, remembering how the other servant had been taken away from William and banished from the kingdom.

It's up to you
And it's up to me

"But that was in another kingdom. Everyone is so much more open-minded here. Everyone gets to decide who they want to love." Roman stepped forward carefully as the wind quieted down.

No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?

"It's not a law that we can't be together, it's just looked down upon. But that's because no one has done it! Come with me, (Y/n), and we'll rewrite the stars." Roman took another step. He was about nine steps away from you now.

Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight

"I really do want to, Roman, I'm just scared of what would happen if we did." You turned around, looking at Roman.

You think it's easy
You think I don't want to run to you

"You think I want to be apart? You think I don't want to be by your side?" You stepped toward Roman, wrapping your arms around yourself as some storm clouds rolled in.

But there are mountains
And there are doors that we can't walk through

"Just because your kingdom is more open-minded than William's, that doesn't meant that people will like a servant and a prince together!" Both of you stood still, not moving towards each other.