Virgil x abused!child!Reader Part three

You woke up in the hospital. You didn't open your eyes right away, because you didn't quite understand what was going on.

You heard shuffling next to you, and a door click open. Footsteps walked around the room, before stopping. 

You heard a voice speak. It sounded like it could've been Necktie but they all sounded really similar.

"Patton, it is alright. The doctor said they would be fine after a couple days recovery."

The man who had taken you from Virgil who you guessed was Patton spoke. You could tell it was him because his tone was full of emotion, whereas Necktie sounded void of everything, Prince sounded like a Prince, and Virgil's tone was deep.

"But why do you trust him?" Patton hiccupped out between his tears.

"Because. He is wearing a necktie. People who wear neckties are always serious," Necktie replied.

The door clicked open and footsteps came rushing in.

"Patton, are you alright? When I left 10 minutes ago you weren't crying!" Prince's voice was heard.

"I'm not crying...!" Patton said shakily. "There's something in my eye!"

"Then what's in your eye?" Prince asked.

"TEARS!!!!" Patton burst out laughing, but then began crying again.

"Why're you crying, Pat? You don't even know their name." You recognized Virgil right away.

"I care because something happened to them that they don't deserve! They don't deserve to be hurt like this!" Patton said between tears.

Aww....Thanks...Patton? But I do deserve to be hurt. I don't deserve to be happy. I am a mistake. You thought.

The door clicked again, and heavy footsteps entered the room. A deep voice you don't recognize spoke.

"Alright, we have their DNA test results. They are (Y/n) (Y/l/n). Their biological father is deceased, and their biological mother is living. They have no siblings. They do not have a step father."

You felt a stab in your chest as you heard this man talk so calmly about your father.

The man continued to talk. A faint shuffling of papers was heard.

"They are 10, turning 11 in three months, on June 18th. (That's your birthday for now. You'll see why I assigned one later!) It also says here that they haven't gotten their booster shots for year 8 (Of their life), year 9 or year 10. I have all the contact information for their mother. But until we find out what happened, I will refrain from calling her." The doctor walked out when you decided to 'wake up'.

You sat up a little in the bed, observing your surroundings. There was a bunch of chairs lined up on the right side of the bed. The door was on the left. There was a window next to you.

Patton, you guessed, sat bolt upright when he heard  you shuffle around. He looked up at the bed, and his face lit up.

"You're awake! I'm so happy right now!" Patton ran over and engulfed you in a hug.

You flinched back and tried to escape because it felt like he was crushing you. You also were not fond of strangers- or anyone for that matter- touching you.

Necktie must've seen that because he pulled Patton off of you.

"Hello there. I believe we've never met. I am Logan. This is Patton. That is Roman, and that one is Virgil," Logan pointed to each person as he said their name. His voice sounded like a teacher, or someone who only speaks in facts.

"I am indeed Roman. Pleasure to meet you, Princess/Prince/Non-binary Royalty (Y/n)," the one dressed like a prince bowed down before straightening up (Good luck with that!).

"Hi there! I'm Patton but you can call me Dad!" You broke down then. You had called your father 'Dad'. You couldn't stop the tears from coming. Roman didn't know what to do, Logan was getting mad at Patton and poor Patton was starting to cry as well. 

You felt two arms wrap around you and you leaned into the embrace, burying your head in the familiar jacket. 

You had begun bonding with Virgil on the way home from the park, but this moment was what really brought you two together.

You eventually calmed down but refused to let go of Virgil. Logan stopped yelling at Patton to ask you a question. Patton ran to Roman and hugged him, calming down.

"What happened? What was in Patton's statement that- Ooh." Logan turned to the others and explained.

"I am SO SORRY I didn't mean to hurt you! Please forgive me! I'm so so so sorry...!" Patton ran up to you but refrained from hugging you.

"I-it's n-not your f-f-fault... I was j-just b-being stupid... I-I'm s-sorry...!" You managed to push a sentence out of your dry throat.

"No! You were not! It's my fault for mentioning 'dad'. I should've been more careful!" Patton stood by your bed.

Virgil was still hugging you.

The doctor re-entered the room.

"Ah, good. I see that you are awake, miss (Y/l/n). Can you tell us how this happened?" He gestured to your whole body.

You looked up at Virgil for reassurance. He gave you a slight smile.

"Well..." You told them all what had happened. Logan was befuddled that someone would hurt their own offspring, Roman had left the room, and Patton was crying. The doctor had contacted the police, and they got on your case right away.

One of them came to the hospital a couple days later and said something you had been dreading.

"Miss (Y/n)? It's time to go to the orphanage."

You didn't fight and let them take you to the orphanage. 

They gave you your own room, since they had been told about your past, and how you didn't get along with other children.

At night you always cried for the first person who had been nice to you in years.

Virgil.