Roman x Reader

A/N: When singing, italic is Roman, bold is you, and italic bold is both of you! I also changed the lyrics a little, like changing "she" to "he" where needed. Do not play the song yet. And yes, Roman is singing Rapunzel's part. Sorry for any confusion, it felt incomplete without the song. Enjoy!

Ever since you had met Roman, you two had instantly clicked. You both loved Disney, you both dreamt big, loved Disney, made everything an adventure...Did I mention Disney?

You had begun developing feelings for the prince after he took you to see "Tangled". That was over 3 years ago.

Little did you know that the prince thought he had found his princess/prince/royalty that very same day.

Neither of you wanted to confess to the other since you didn't want to ruin the friendship you had. Neither of you showed the other anything other than friendship.

Today, was the 4th year anniversary of day you had begun to develop feelings. Every day that had passed since had left Roman wanting more. Little did he know you felt the same way.

Roman had had enough of this. He had decided to confess to you today. And Roman was doing it with Disney. He planned to sing "I See the Light" from "Tangled".

Roman held the rose he had gotten earlier and walked up to your door. He took a deep breath and knocked, the same way he always did.

Knock, knock knockknock knock.

Just like Anna, from "Frozen".

You opened the door and were surprised to see Roman. He hadn't said anything about coming over. Your gaze fell onto the rose he was holding and your heart leapt into your throat.

(PLAY THE SONG NOW!)

Roman opened his mouth, and began to sing.

"All those days watching  from the windows,

All those years outside looking in,

All that time never even knowing,

Just how blind I've been."

Roman took a breath and continued.

"Now I'm here blinking in the starlight,

Now I'm here suddenly I see,

Standing here it's all so clear,

I'm where I'm meant to be"

Roman drew another breath before singing again. 

"And at last I see the light,

And it's like the fog has lifted

And at last I see the light,

And it's like the sky is new,

And it's warm and real and bright,

And the world has somehow shifted,

All at once everything looks different,

Now that I see you."

You surprised Roman by stepping outside, closing your door and continuing the duet. You changed some "she" to "he" since Roman had taken Rapunzel's part, leaving you with Eugene's.

(IGNORE THE DIALOUGE HERE PLEASE I'M SORRY!)

"All those days chasing down a daydream,

All those years living in a blur,

All that time never truly seeing,

Things, they way they were."

You took a breath, just like Roman had during his pauses.

"Now he's here shining in the starlight,

Now he's here suddenly I know,

If he's here it's crystal clear,

I'm where I'm meant to go."

Roman recovered from his shock and sang with you.

"And at last I see the light,

And it's like the fog has lifted,

And at last I see the light,

And it's like the sky is new,

And it's warm and real and bright,

And somehow the world has shifted,

All at once everything looks different,

Now that I see you."

You both paused, grabbed each other's hands and looked into each other's eyes, your (E/c) meeting his chocolate brown ones.

"Now that I see you."

You both leaned in and ended the song with a soft, and tender kiss, like Eugene and Rapunzel had done.

Roman finished the kiss by placing the rose in your hair, and asking a single question.

"Will you be my princess/prince/royalty?"

"Only if you're my prince."