Patton x blind!Side!Reader x boyfriend!Virgil

A/N: Another request from the lovely @mackapie ! I hope I did it justice!

Darkness.

Then a face.

A half snake face.

A hissing sound.

Two snakes.

Pain.

Darkness.

A warm, coppery substance flowing down your face.

Screams.

Manic laughter.

Tears.

You screamed and jolted upright.

You extended your arms, and felt about. You were still in bed.

Footsteps running towards your room.

Your door clicked open and two pairs of feet came rushing in.

"Fun!" One voice, whom you recognized as Patton, came in first.

"(Y/n)!!" Virgil, your boyfriend, quickly followed.

You felt two pairs of warm arms wrap around you. The bed sagged a bit thanks to Patton and Virgil's extra weight.

"What happened, friendo?" Patton asked. 

You felt Virgil shift a bit after Patton said that.

"I-I had the nightmare again..." You whimpered.

"Aww, that's too bad! Well, you should go back to sleep, Fun," Patton stood up.

Why was he acting so strangely?

Virgil started to leave your bed before you found his arm and grabbed it.

Looking in this direction you thought he was in, you asked him if he would stay with you that night.

"Of course, (Y/n)! I love you."

You woke up the next day feeling warm and safe. You felt a pair of arms around you and knew it was Virgil.

You rolled over so you were facing him (Hopefully) and snuggled into his warm body (You had gotten it right, you were facing him.).

A minute or two later, Virgil woke up.

"Hey, (Y/n)... Good morning," He mumbled.

"Good morning, Virge," you replied, sitting up.

"Hey, no... Where are you going..?" A sleepy Virgil grabbed your arm.

You smiled and turned your head in the direction Virgil was in. "It's time to get up, Virge. C'mon!"

You managed to get off the bed despite Virgil's protests. You fumbled around, waving your arms about blindly. 

After all, you couldn't see anything.

You felt something tapping your arm, so you turned around to feel what it was.

"Hey, (Y/n), you're gonna need this," Virgil's voice said, placing your walking stick in your hand. You smiled gratefully.

After Virgil helped you choose what to wear, he left to go change. You managed to make your way downstairs, feeling out the world around you.

"Hey, friendo! How you doing today?" Patton's voice rang out. But he sounded... Off.

Not just in what he said, but how he said it.

Patton's voice was off by just enough so no one else could hear it, but since your hearing had amplified itself to help you, you could hear it.

It almost sounded distorted.

Virgil came down the stairs and went to the kitchen. You had memorized the house layout so you could find your way around.

"Hey, Patton, I need your help with something. Can you come here please?" You called out, turning towards the table.

"Why of course, Fun! When wouldn't I help you?" You heard footsteps coming towards you.

You kept a neutral face on, but inside you were terrified.

If this wasn't Patton, then it was Deceit.

Deceit was the cause of your blindness. After the others had defeated him and sent him to the Dark Mindscape, he had kidnapped you and used snakes to blind you.

You had a scar on each eye.

You were lucky you lived.

Patton was like a father to you. He had helped you whenever you needed him. So if this was Deceit...

You two got to your room. You waited for Patton to enter before you closed the door.

"You're not Patton, are you?"

He laughed. He laughed his evil laugh. The laugh that kept you up at night.

"Clever girl/guy/person," Deceit no longer had his fake Patton voice, and you could only guess he had turned back into himself.

You stepped in front of the door, stopping anyone from getting out.

"You really think that'll stop me? Silly girl/guy/person."

"VIRGIL!!" You screamed for your boyfriend at the top of your lungs. You felt Deceit's mood shift from calm amusement to panic and fear.

You heard footsteps pound up the stairs and stepped out of the way so Virgil could open the door.

He ran in, and you slammed the door shut behind him, despite Roman and Logan's protests.

"What did you do with Patton?!" You screeched at the malevolent being in your room.

"Oh, he's right here, look!" Deceit spoke. You could tell he was lying.

"PATTON!" Virgil called for him, hoping that he could summon Patton.

"DAD!! PLEASE COME BACK!!" You screamed. You didn't realize you were crying until a tear rolled down your face.

You heard Virgil run towards Deceit and then a large thump as they fell to the ground. Virgil held the slimy snek boi down.

"He took Patton to the Dark Mindscape!" You yelled out, hoping Roman and Logan would go retrieve him.

"One step ahead of you, (Y/n)!" Roman walked into the room, followed by two more people.

"Hey kiddos! I'm glad you found me so soon!" Patton's voice sounded like music to your ears. You launched yourself at the source of his voice, hugging Patton tightly.

"I was afraid I'd lose you, Dad...!" 

"Whoa there, (Y/n)! Missed me, didja?" He laughed.

"DANGIT! Deceit escaped. He just... disappeared!" Virgil came closer and joined the hug.

You felt two more pairs of arms wrap around you three, and guessed that Logan and Roman joined the hug.

At that moment, you were all happy and safe.

You felt loved, and safer than you'd felt since Deceit blinded you.

You knew that with these amazing people by your side, you could stop being scared.

A/N: So, there you go, mackapie! I hope you enjoyed it! It was fun to write. Was it fun to read?

If you're enjoying this book, maybe you'd enjoy my other book. It's a Dr. Picani x Reader, and it has three chapters so far. You don't have to, just thought I'd mention it here.

-Fellow